• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feeding shrimps

Frederick

Hi all.... question... do shrimps eat cooked spinach ? Secindly how the h..l do you keep it down on the bottom... other than burying it in the gravel. I placed some well cooked spinach in the tank yesterday (3 medium size RCS, two medium size cherry and 5 baby cherry ) and this morning it had not been touched. Yhe problem is that if left in it could foul the tank.
Any help please..... Frederick

Hi frederick, feeding shrimp can be tricky. Its quite likely that they didnt touch it as they dont need extra food.
With just a dozen shrimp i doubt they will need feeding, they will scrounge out a perfectly happy existence.

some info here
http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=22561

Hi all,
Give them a few dead leaves, they spend hours picking away at things you can't see on them. They seem to have a go at all the Oak, Magnolia, Camellia, Loquat leaves etc., and there are a lot of people adding Indian Almond leaves for them, so presumably the type of leaf doesn't really matter.

I've also found that Otocinclus and Corydoras pygmaeus like grazing on dead leaves.

cheers Darrel

Hi Frederick,
the shrimp in my signiture 'CRShrimp' tank havnt ever been fed by me since i got them, there are 10 shrimp in a 55l cube, planted with mainly moss and ferns and they have all grown to adulthood and now i have shrimplets too....maybe ill need to supplement food with increased numbers now!
Id say, like Iain, that if they arnt touching what your giving them that they are getting enough by scavanging.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back