• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feeling let down by retailer :(

chrisfraser05

I was looking around for a hydor 300 external heater for ages and most suppliers were marked as out of stock.
I found cardiff city aquatics had it marked as instock on their website so I paid for it there and then.

2 weeks later I emailed them and asked where it was, it was only then I was informed that it was out of stock but they expeted stock in a few weeks.

roll on 6 weeks and I am emailing again.... no reply.

another week..... another 3 emails.... Bingo, reply.

out of stock, we can offer a shatterproof glass one in exchange!!!

Arrrrggghhhhh, if I wanted an internal I'd have bought an internal!

Waiting for money back from them as we speak but extremely gutted tbh, was looking forward to setting up my tank and having it all done in a oner.... hope I can now find someone else selling one quickly :( :( :(

Rant over lol

Charterhouse aquatics are very good and have them in stock.

had a look at charted house, none in stock :(

seems nobody has it. Just annoyed that I've had the run around!

i have been looking for one and have been told that they are not expecting any due to manufacturing problems until spring 2011???

I thought with internet orders the supplier isn't supposed to take payment until the goods are shipped? That could be completely wrong, but I'm sure I've been told/read that somewhere...

With Internet orders, if a company is up to date with the legally required payment system, there should be another secure trading type website you are directed to when it comes to the payment stage of your order. This is usually after you've given all other details, name address etc. These websites and I believe there are a few, will reserve funds on your card for a period. So money has not been taken, just reserved. Then when the retailer/online shop has the order ready to send, they themselves log onto this site and collect funds.
I find this seems unclear and most shoppers actually think the money has been taken. I guess you have to check bank account to be sure but this is the way it should work, and in some cases where the site just takes all your details including card details at the same time as address, without directing you to a payment site, then it's possible that funds are taken immediately. Such sites should be avoided!
:)

Gavin

I've been looking for one for ages too, finally got a 2nd hand one off ebay last week. I was beginning to think that there was a well known problem and that they had been discontinued... But if it's manufacturing issues that makes me feel better about setting it up soon. :D

Got a hydor 300 eth from my lfs yesterday for £20, they only have 1 left now. Hydor seem to have manufacturing problems with them at the moment you might struggle to get one until the new year.

Jesus that's a bargain, fancy buying me the last one and posting it? Seriously.

been refunded now :)

Have checked with Hydor and they are intending on getting items to UK retailers sometime in Jan with full production resumed in Feb.

Still gutted I've not got mine, can easy wait though.

Its a shame that I've been put off buying from CCA though as their range seemed really good and the website easy to navigate. Others have said they have had great service however and had they kept me in the loop actually telling me where I stood RE my order I'd have prob bought from them again.

Sorry for the rant,

chris :) :) :)

Back