• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fert Calculator V1.8 - New version out! Check Note first/last post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question regarding the solubility of K2SO4.

I tried to dissolve 18g of this in 200ml of water; it doesnt want to. When shaken vigorously, it goes into suspension and then after a while, settles on the bottom.

Is this normal?

Regards.

Was there any other salts added ?

Darrel just bet me posting :thumbup:

Are there any other salts in the solution? You can only dissolve 111g/L of K2SO4 if there aren't any other salts in solution, the solution is fully saturated at that point. If you try and add another salt, even a really soluble one, the K2SO4 will just come back out of solution.

cheers Darrel

Yeah! There's 3g KNO3, 3g Ca(NO3)2, 1g KH2PO4.

I'll try to dissolve the K2SO4 seperately and try again. Thanks for the heads up!

Regards.

Yeah! There's 3g KNO3, 3g Ca(NO3)2, 1g KH2PO4.

I'll try to dissolve the K2SO4 seperately and try again. Thanks for the heads up!

Regards.

Just double the volume and double the dose ;)

Hmm. Okay; in that case, I'll make a seperate solution for N, P and K.

However, I don't have CO2 in my tank yet. Hopefully, I'll get it setup by next week.

That said, shall I omit the Ca(NO3)2 and replace the by CaMg(CO₃)₂ (dolomite)?

The other option which may improve the salts solubility is the decrease the pH of the solution by adding a little weak acid eg Ascorbic ach, Potassium Sorbate or critic acid, does not need to be rocket science just sprinkle a little into the solution and see if the precipitate disappears ;)

Hi all,
That said, shall I omit the Ca(NO3)2 and replace the by CaMg(CO₃)₂ (dolomite)?
No, carbonates are less soluble than nitrates.

This is the <"solubility rules chart">.It is just like @X3NiTH says as soon as you have ions in solution that form one of the insoluble compounds, that compound will precipitate out.

large_solubility_rules_chart-mk-png.png

salts solubility is the decrease the pH of the solution by adding a little weak acid
You can see for calcium carbonate it says "insoluble", but a lot of water is "hard" (high dGH/dKH) and saturated with Ca++ and HCO3- ions which doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, this happens because calcium and magnesium carbonate are soluble in acids, and rain-water is naturally slightly acid.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
We ( mainly Hanuman ATM) are still working hard on this and its looking GOOD and release is getting closer, but no time scale as 'real life' does kick in from time to time and all folk involved in the project are after a useful unrushed product which once release will 'Solid' and not be updated for some time (unless errors are found )

So what Commercial ferts do folks want on it to compare or clone ?????

Some are so dilute we have had to take them off eg Seachem flourish as there was so little in them there was too many zeros eg 0.000000000000000001 ppm !!!!! and when chosen it was making our effects look silly as we needed bigger cells to show the figures so the great look Hanuman has worked on was spoilt

Working on D Wongs APT range ATM - just after confirmation on a few figures as its says 1.5 ppm Nitrogen (N) for APT complete and for EST-Index it has no [Mg ppm]

On with ADA range too

So if there's any other commercial ferts you would like us to add just ask, but some are not possible as the products have no ppms or w/w% - a post of the fert and a sheetshot of the ingredients ppm or w/w% would be very helpful as finding them can be very time consuming ;)

We ( mainly Hanuman ATM) are still working hard on this and its looking GOOD and release is getting closer, but no time scale as 'real life' does kick in from time to time and all folk involved in the project are after a useful unrushed product which once release will 'Solid' and not be updated for some time (unless errors are found )

So what Commercial ferts do folks want on it to compare or clone ?????

Some are so dilute we have had to take them off eg Seachem flourish as there was so little in them there was too many zeros eg 0.000000000000000001 ppm !!!!! and when chosen it was making our effects look silly as we needed bigger cells to show the figures so the great look Hanuman has worked on was spoilt

Working on D Wongs APT range ATM - just after confirmation on a few figures as its says 1.5 ppm Nitrogen (N) for APT complete and for EST-Index it has no [Mg ppm]

On with ADA range too

So if there's any other commercial ferts you would like us to add just ask, but some are not possible as the products have no ppms or w/w% - a post of the fert and a sheetshot of the ingredients ppm or w/w% would be very helpful as finding them can be very time consuming ;)

Posted the labels with w/w% of the new ADA line on the micronutrients thread.

Posted the labels with w/w% of the new ADA line on the micronutrients thread.

Many thanks as it saves searching 👍

1597352632667.png

Just the maths taking w/w% to ppms and converting K2O to K and N to NO3.

worth a post so folks can check the maths and for future reference too

( the reason the columns are so wide is its on a spread sheet with lots of other data above it which needs wider cells ;))

1597352781380.png

So it was a typo on the webpage as product label clearly says NO3 :thumbup:

All JBL Proscape ranged added

adding
Dennerle Plant Elixir

1597585607619.png

which has no phosphate or nitrate, but does have 0.02% Nitrogen probably urea, so once the bacteria get their hands on the N in the tank it will yield NO3 0.18ppm.

Any ideas what the ' 0.29% organic matter. To promote the growth of ornamental plants in aquariums (0,29 % Organische Substanz. Zur Wuchsförderung von Zierpflanzen in Aquarien.)' is?
They do quote the 'organic matter' for other products as well

All JBL Proscape ranged added

adding
Dennerle Plant Elixir

View attachment 153144

which has no phosphate or nitrate, but does have 0.02% Nitrogen probably urea, so once the bacteria get their hands on the N in the tank it will yield NO3 0.18ppm.

Any ideas what the ' 0.29% organic matter. To promote the growth of ornamental plants in aquariums (0,29 % Organische Substanz. Zur Wuchsförderung von Zierpflanzen in Aquarien.)' is?
They do quote the 'organic matter' for other products as well

Might be some amino acid or hormone type stuff, like ADA additives.

Might be some amino acid or hormone type stuff, like ADA additives

But vague all the same as it doesn't mention [PO4] in any of the products in the range and its probably counting the organic PO4 in the 'organic matter'
1597656436448.png

and the ppm above don't account for the organic compound the P/PO4 is attached to so [PO4 ppm] will be even(much) lower :arghh:

Was chatting with @Hanuman today and he has sent an email to Dennerle to confirm the [PO4] in theirs products :thumbup:

But their S7/E15/E30 system is a bit complex IMO
S7 you dose 3ml/100l every 7 days
E15 you dose one tablet/100l on 15th of month
V30 you dose 3ml/l00l on 30th of month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back