• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fert Calculator V1.8 - New version out! Check Note first/last post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a 'potion master' pick a AIO box and app does the rest - good idea - have you got a link to the AIO 'potion/fert
At the moment I just use James planted tank solution but am going to try and adapt it to the new spread sheet

I have the D-D doser and they dose exactly when you want them to. 3x macro (mon,weds,fri) and 3xmicro (tues,thurs,sat) a week without having to set it up staggered like the jebao.

I knew I should have bought that one instead!! Lol

I knew I should have bought that one instead!! Lol

Well worth the extra cost IMO. It literally takes 2mins to set up fully (priming, calibration and programming) which was amazing and can be controlled through the app (which can be annoying sometimes) to dose manually or set a programme.

Also their support team was great when i contacted them, i think they responded the same day.

At the moment I just use James planted tank solution but am going to try and adapt it to the new spread sheet

Ran the doses and salt amounts though the calculator and the ppms from the calculator was the same as 'Jimmys'. Will have it so it does all the calculations for the AIO for you soon ;)

New version out V1.5 -download links updated

upload_2020-3-14_15-23-24.png

Made many changes to make it more mobile friendly so not as much on one worksheet, with links that open other worksheets, if you do the 'Tank Wizard' and Water Report Wizard first all features will unlock on 'DIY Fert' spreadsheet, the end user can do as much or little of the 'Tank and Water Report' as they wish to gain the result they are after.

Trying to code it so a 'macro enabled worksheet' hopefully wont be needed, having multiple worksheets will make it easier as once one is done with all salts dead easy to clone it then cut out salts most folk done use so less on 'say' the 'APFUK Basic Salts' worksheet ;)

Also prep for the 'Headshot ppm/regime' and 'All in One Master' splitting the worksheets up 'should' make further development easier.

Saying the 'Tank Wizard' was a coding challenge would be an understatement - but its pretty much there ! Does the RO/Tap water mixes and adds in the minerals from the Tap water gives the GH from the mix etc

Once I'm happy with the four active worksheets for Beta release, there may be a few the next should be easier as I will be able to clone say the 'DIY Macro and Micro Fert Mix' worksheet for the 'Headshot ppm/regime' one and much of the links to the other worksheets will be already done alone with quick links added.

There the odd '#DIV/O!' cell here and there, which will auto correct when certain values are entered - just needs a little code tuning here and there to handle '0' inputs. Also a few 'reference cells' here and there which I have yet to take out/hide as I'm still using them :rolleyes:

I could rattle on about the changes but I wont :D

Any/All feedback (errors found) welcome, if/when you have time :thumbup:

Hi zeus, I downloaded V1.4 ok but 1.5 says "page not found". I'm on Android, not pc.
I use CaNO3 + K2CO3 to increase GH/KH (very soft - especially with all the rain) so it would be useful to be able to include them in the macros.
Superhero
Cheers
John

Hi zeus, I downloaded V1.4 ok but 1.5 says "page not found". I'm on Android, not pc

Opps sorry about that :oops: only check the link in my sig, link in thread had a typo :rolleyes: sorted

I use CaNO3 + K2CO3 to increase GH/KH (very soft - especially with all the rain) so it would be useful to be able to include them in the macros.

I will add them next m8 ;) I have yet to get my head round the calculations for KH :angelic:

Thanks for asking, as I don't want to add salts folk don't use

Thanks, link working now. :D

Your welcome
nearly there - so far using :[CO3]x0.09353=°dKH

Got to pre-release stage ( just random grams added for checking ;))
upload_2020-3-15_12-0-39.png

Got some checking to do and add CO3 as a compound in the weekly Macro mix and resultant weekly ppm KH etc, but time for tank maintenance :D

Hey @Zeus. couple of another thoughts:
1. shouldn't the hydrated ferts have drop down list (or something similar) for hydration? For example MgSO4 x (drop down list for 7H20, anhydrous etc).
2. I think active table for calculating amount of CO2 with relation to kH and pH could be very useful, for example you enter your kH and pH you have and it will give you amount of CO2 (or carbonic acid for some freaks ;) ) present in the water.
3. accumulation table - measuring as it says on the tin: accumulation of ferts depending on the amount of fert we add with relation to percentage of water changes

1. shouldn't the hydrated ferts have drop down list (or something similar) for hydration? For example MgSO4 x (drop down list for 7H20, anhydrous etc).

Had a few ideas of how to deal with 'MgSO4 x' - but just added the main one ATM (or the one I use), if your/anyone is using a different one, I will put it on my every increasing 'to do list' :D

I think active table for calculating amount of CO2 with relation to kH and pH could be very useful, for example you enter your kH and pH you have and it will give you amount of CO2 (or carbonic acid for some freaks ;) ) present in the water.

Have a 'pH Phantom' planed - so when basically when enough info is inputted the 'pH Phantom' pops up and gives the result ;)

accumulation table - measuring as it says on the tin: accumulation of ferts depending on the amount of fert we add with relation to percentage of water changes

again had thought of tha,t but other apps do that well already, it would be done when other features have been done.

Been having lots of ideas, just takes time to get them done. Also trying to keep the download small and mobile friendly.

Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Sorted, was pretty easy - did it in the back end so it automatically changes the molecular weight of the compound and formula and adjusted the percentage of the relative elements

upload_2020-3-16_18-43-31.png

so enter which Hydrate say 4 or seven off top of my head ;)
upload_2020-3-16_18-46-34.png

upload_2020-3-16_18-59-18.png

and
upload_2020-3-16_18-47-49.png

upload_2020-3-16_18-58-38.png

Program adjusted the Mg ppm and GH for the different salts - not sure there is a 4 hydrate :rolleyes: But once you let me now what hydrates there is will do the code so it rejects the ones that dont exists ;)

So should be in next update :D

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-16_18-47-1.png
    upload_2020-3-16_18-47-1.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 112
  • upload_2020-3-16_18-48-25.png
    upload_2020-3-16_18-48-25.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 97
Upcoming updates done
upload_2020-3-17_20-47-53.png

so if same volumes used for both and frequency, auto sets same for Macros/Micros and AIO

upload_2020-3-17_20-50-58.png

Enter for different dose or volume size or frequency

upload_2020-3-17_20-52-38.png

updates the dosing regime for macros/micros and resulting doses
upload_2020-3-17_20-53-58.png

Plus able to hide salts not being used
upload_2020-3-17_20-55-31.png

goes to
upload_2020-3-17_20-56-21.png

Similar Hide if trace salts have zero entered for amount

All prep work for the 'Headshot ppm' and 'AIO Master' :D (sorry about the 'cheesy names' just adds a bit of Fun to the coding ATM)

Hi @Zeus, thanks for all the effort. It's certainly made me rethink my additions, I took the "you can't have too much" approach and never bothered calculating all the combinations just threw a bit more in of everything but the ability to see what the changes do has been very helpful.
Hope the plants appreciate your efforts

Thanks again
John

Hi @Zeus, thanks for all the effort. It's certainly made me rethink my additions, I took the "you can't have too much" approach and never bothered calculating all the combinations just threw a bit more in of everything but the ability to see what the changes do has been very helpful.
Hope the plants appreciate your efforts

Thanks again
John

Thanks for the positive feedback :thumbup:

Just working on the 'Headshot ppm/regime' where you enter your target ppms for No3,Po4,K etc choose your salts and presto it does the lot even does the ratios for if using two salts for nutrient, even allows for your waters minerals, then gives you the mass of each salt and nice report, worked out how to do it, just got the code to sort :D

Version 1.6 has 'Headshot ppm/regime'

Which seems to working quite well IMO

Set tank up up water report etc,

Set your target ppm with 'multi' compare down down regimes/com ferts

upload_2020-3-22_10-34-55.png

select the salts you use or combination for each 'primary' nutrient group for the salt.

upload_2020-3-22_10-36-33.png

so I will choose them all (except Ca(NO3)2.4H20 - as my tap water as plenty of Ca) Plus my tap water wasnt being use in this example. The number you enter in the nutrient group will use that ratio within the 'nutrient' group' and work out the percentage of how much of each salt to use for each nutrient. The number is only relevant for that group - so if two in group and you enter 1:1 or 768:768 the result will be the same 50% of each salt ;) Set hydrate for some salts also ;)

upload_2020-3-22_10-46-32.png

Your done :singing::singing::singing:

your tap waters nutrients has been added and the salts added to reach your target ppm

upload_2020-3-22_10-48-23.png

upload_2020-3-22_10-49-15.png

Headshot :happy:

report of your salts to add and their individual results and dry dosing option

upload_2020-3-22_10-52-26.png

Plus further breakdown of what each micro trace fert has added.

Auto reveal/hide is salt used or not.

There 'may' be a few minor errors in code but all seems fine on release V1.6

Feedback esp the errors ;)

Any more 'salts to add folks ?

'Keep Safe'

Last edited:
Hi, the tap water volume entered in the tank wizard doesn't transfer to the other pages now, it does in v 1.5
Cheers
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back