• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fert Calculator V1.8 - New version out! Check Note first/last post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was chatting with @Hanuman today and he has sent an email to Dennerle to confirm the [PO4] in theirs products :thumbup:

But their S7/E15/E30 system is a bit complex IMO
S7 you dose 3ml/100l every 7 days
E15 you dose one tablet/100l on 15th of month
V30 you dose 3ml/l00l on 30th of month

Sounds a bit crazy. Unless the ingredients are obviously incompatible I would just divide by 7 for S7 and 30 for the others and dose daily...

Calcium Phosphate/Apatite crystals are as hard as teeth (teeth are mostly Apatite), takes weeks to dissolve @30ppm CO2).
Would be a great slow release Ca2+ source. ;) I suppose bit of Coral would be similar.

For those of us on the other side of the pond, any chance of including Aquarium Co-op's Easy Green? w/w% on my bottle/from the store page is as follows:

N 2.66% , P 0.46%, K 9.21%, Mg 0.7%, S 0.80%, B 0.015%, Cu 0.00%, Fe 0.13%, Mn 0.036%, Mo 0.00%, Zn 0.072%

derived from:

Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, EDTA Iron, Disodium Manganese EDTA, Disodium Magnesium EDTA, Diammonium Copper EDTA, Boric Acid, Sodium Molybdate.

Thanks!

For those of us on the other side of the pond, any chance of including Aquarium Co-op's Easy Green? w/w% on my bottle/from the store page is as follows:

Thanks!

should be straight forward 👍 any idea what 'one pump' is as a volume 10ml, 10cc or fluid ounces uk or US - not that we need it but helps to see what the recommended dose is

Sure, they ship with 1ml pumps. So one pump should just be 1ml.

I've rounded a US Gallon to 40l as at (1.0 Gal (US) = 3.785 litres) as the calculator has SDI units in in core and keeping to one system makes the coding easier

so at 1ml/40l/week

1597775690370.png

But at 1ml/10l/week it packs more nutrition per litre than the european rival AIO (All In One) ferts

1597775937562.png

But as all commercial AIO ferts its still overpriced water, but convenient ;)

Last edited:
Isn't it 1 US gallon = around 4 L? Otherwise those gallon milk jugs are *way* bigger than I thought! (I grew up in Hong Kong so I'm quite used to the metric system, and now live in the US in a state of perpetual measurement uncertainty!) But, yeah, they're doing 1ml per 10 US gal/40L.

Good to know that my double-dosing of the stuff is unlikely to cause harm, those ppm calculations are really helpful to me. And it'll be a good basis for me to clone when I run out and go DIY. Thanks again for all your hard work!

@veerserif

1 US gallon is 3.76 litres
1 Imperial gallon is 4.5 litres.

I'm aware - Zeus has 1 US gallon listed as 37.85L, which is 10x greater than it should be. Which I assume is just a typo because Aquarium Co-op recommend 1ml per 10 US gallons, not per 1 US gallon. The chart's correct, the subtitling isn't.

I would like to make something clear now before anyone starts building up expectations but I have decided against adding the imperial system to the calculator. I apologize in advance to all Americanos (and all imperialistic fanatics) fellas but that is how it is going to be. That addition alone would take too much time considering the calculator was not initially built with multiple units in mind (so don't blame me) and considering the extensive work that has been done so far to the file, I think it's best for me to focus on more important parts of the calculator. Adding additional units would require editing time from my side to make a fully multiple-unit-compliant calculator.

Hope you all understand, and if you don't then I have 3 names for you: USA, Liberia and Mynamar. That is the lonely band of brothers officially using the imperial system on this planet. All others have adopted the metric system. Time to switch maybe?

With love from Thailand. [Doesn't sound as cool as"With love from Russia" but that is also how it is!]

18300-2.jpeg

Last edited:
so don't blame me

Guilty your honor - thankfully the other French system went out of vogue !
1597821821833.png

Its was the last thing on my mind when I started :angelic:

I have come up with a few ideas to show the imperial units as well in some areas of the calculator, which shouldn't be too time consuming. But like Hanuman said SDI units are in the core of many many cells formulas, some of which are quite long with multiple references to the SDI system. I feel the iImperial patch will be a bit of a sticky plaster, but should be enough for folks who are use to those units

One request/suggestion for next release (you may have already included it) is to have the option of metric teaspoon measurements?

I've been mixing working on the principle that a teaspoon is approximately 5g of whatever compound. Turns out I was very wrong on this!

One request/suggestion for next release (you may have already included it) is to have the option of metric teaspoon measurements?

I've been mixing working on the principle that a teaspoon is approximately 5g of whatever compound. Turns out I was very wrong on this!

Although the rough estimate of one teaspoon equals five grams isn't correct, as much depends on the size of the salt particles/granules/crystal size and shape, it is generally accepted that it is still fit for purpose for means of fert dosing in our tanks.
then if your tank is showing its lacking in say nitrogen you just toss a bit more of the nitrogen salt in your using into the mix/tank. After all as long as we have a bit of an excess off the element all is good.

To add a grams to teaspoon convertor for each salt would be very time consuming as it would need to account for each salts 'particles/granules/crystal size and shape' and would still be prone to errors. The simple solution is to buy a cheap set of digital scales and your good to go. I have two digital scales one with accuracy to 0.1gram and the other is good to 0.01 gram, the former is good enough for weights above 10grams and the later for less than 10 grams IMO. You can use serial dilutions also to increase your accuracy in adding the right amount of salts also.

The DIY trace section will have a serial dilution section as to make the trace solution of some of the elements serial dilutions are needed, we are about to do that section very soon ;)

thanks for the suggestion/idea all the same :thumbup:

@Zeus.
No problem at all... I found a website that had teaspoon tobgram conversions for all the compounds, which was how I came to realise I was way off! Here's the tsp weights for what I use:
K2so4 1tsp = 13g
Kno3 1tsp = 11g
Mgso4 1tsp = 13g
Kh2po4 1tsp = 12g
E202 1tsp = 7g
E300 1tsp = 4g

You're absolutely right, can't beat a set of scales, and that is my next purchase :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back