• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fert Calculator V1.8 - New version out! Check Note first/last post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks il do the update glad to help mate really appreciate the time and effort your putting in to this I wouldnt know where to start

Thanks il do the update glad to help mate really appreciate the time and effort your putting in to this I wouldnt know where to start

Well it helps me as then I know I will have a calculator thats easy to use and works with little to no effort :cigar: so its a WIN WIN for us all

I had entered my tank details View attachment 132052

Used your details and with the fix I just did the results was better ( it was the 'Factor Four bug' :facepalm: :crazy: :lol:)

upload_2020-3-1_16-19-56.png

Slight formatting differences above as V1.1

Do.i need to.down load again

if your on V1.0 to V1.2 it will be fine as differences are mainly cosmetic ;)
-------------------------------------

Updated first post about the comparisons and in V1.2 I've added 'ADA mighty Brightly Nitrogen' for comparison

V1.3 released

upload_2020-3-5_20-43-8.png

Sorted out how to choose your salts so you can select them and it adds them to your list - saves values if deselected and restore if you choose them again eg if deselected sets value to "0" but has the value saved.
Big back end redesign - 'boring stuff' but will make adding more salts easier long term.

Had to learn some Excel Visual Basic to get the program to work the way I was after but should have lots of scope to add lots more features so you can set it all up to suit your needs without seeing everything so one version should be able to suit everybody - when done OFC

Lots still to do :D

All Feedback welcome

Request for salts to be added will speed them up the list be added OFC ;)

Wont let me choose my salts mate dont know why

Thought that might be a little issue with the 'Excel Macro Enabled Spreadsheet' :rolleyes: Just tried it on phone and same issue but was still able to adjust the details of tank size amount of salts etc, so it isnt a big issue IMO, it just means when using Excel veiwer you cant pick/choose your salts etc. The options/salts to be used are picked when you first use the app, then after that the 'Active X" controls are not used.

So I will make the STD download available with the most likely salts so ready for most folk (already done) using mobile devices, and will add another download link with the full array of options pre enabled !!!

Folks using normal Excel on PC will have full functionality from the start, mobile users may need to use a PC ( or ask a friend) to select some stuff then upload file to mobile device :thumbup: so a little more effort for mobile users at first :p

Will add a checkbox to close/hide all the main options as once selected no need to see them plus better for mobile users too;) Edit Done :D

Last edited:
Aren't you going to name and shame them? ;)

Think they already know your a PITA M8 :lol:

What are ideal ca:mg:k and no3:po4:k ratios, can someone to tell?

Well according to T Barr there are no ideal ones its all about Liebig’s law, there was much debate about it in Mg in Tapwater but T Barr was suggesting a ratio for awhile some time back but more recently dismissed it, below is a quote from Darrel

My guess is that Liebig’s law of minimum is more important than ratios, but that they both are relevant to some degree.

which says a lot about much of what we think/say/post/read there isnt an answer that has hard proof to support it 100% either way

It's a shame cause I think most people use there phones now days just for ease of access

Well you can run Maros if you have the MS full product on your phone
upload_2020-3-6_16-37-38.png

But "Excel viewer" doesn't have any Functionally for macros as far as I am aware ATM :rolleyes:

Maybe as you said make 2 versions available one for mobile where all salts are there and one for PC is that much more work

Maybe as you said make 2 versions available one for mobile where all salts are there and one for PC is that much more work

No same version will work on PC and mobile, I just save with all options enabled :D So Full Excel users can just disable the options;)

Last edited:

Done :thumbup: two links in first post

I will be working mainly on the non macro version for some time, as unfortunately adding rows and columns in Excel doesn't update the macro code as well :banghead: so it is slowing the development process down updating the code all the time as I add salts etc :rolleyes: But I have learnt what I needed on how to do it:thumbup:
So when I have further developed the app, I will be able to do the macro code so end users can customise it to suit their needs. :D

Thought I would add a little calculator to calculate tank volume based on tank dimensions and thickness of glass and work from the depth of water to bottom of glass of the tank to surface of water, then add the same measurement so at WC you just measure the distance from bottom of tank to water level. With it removing the glass thickness for each calculation.

Simple enough to do and calculate

upload_2020-3-7_13-14-38.png

Had to modify my tanks details :lol: had never got the tape measure out and did the actual calculation, had just used the tanks specs from the manufacture :rolleyes:

needless to say my fert levels just increase :angelic:

(upload the update to Non Macro version download)

That's actually just what i needed to work out, the realistic amount of water my tank actually holds, the AS900 is rated 186L.

According to the calculator an AS900 holds realistically about 145-150L, then i have to account for soil and hardscape, 27L and 22kg. So i would be looking at around 120L actual volume?

I've been dosing for 160L tank, so i've been massively over dosing? :crazy:

Might have to do a reset and recalculate my ferts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back