• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fertilising Emersed Plants

Nont

Hi everyone,

I currently fertilise my emersed plants with DOOA spray, however considering that I have more than 50 different types of plants, I don't think this is budget friendly.

Since all plants have their roots in the water, I'm curious to know if adding liquid fertilizer to the water will be sufficient for the plants compare to foliar feeding? And how will the fertiliser spread in stagnant water? I also would like to know if those cheap organic ferts that are popular nowadays can be use?

Hi all,
I currently fertilise my emersed plants with DOOA spray, however considering that I have more than 50 different types of plants, I don't think this is budget friendly.
That is <"one way of putting it">.
Since all plants have their roots in the water, I'm curious to know if adding liquid fertilizer to the water will be sufficient for the plants compare to foliar feeding? And how will the fertiliser spread in stagnant water?
Yes and <"not really an issue">.
I also would like to know if those cheap organic ferts that are popular nowadays can be use?
It would need to contain all of the <"fourteen essential nutrients"> for plant growth. A inorganic fertiliser mix (for hydroponics?) would be an easier option.

cheers Darrel

TNC Complete is a good option, about 3mls per litre for a daily spray worked well for me.

Well, after joining UKAPS last december, I have been going from “Filter tech obsessor” to “low tech with only an air driven sponge filter” as I realised how much snake oils are in this hobby. It does save quite a lot of money.
I add Tnc complete or what ever iam using at the time to a standard mister bottle and dilute with water, guess work as to having the correct strength though.
TNC Complete is a good option, about 3mls per litre for a daily spray worked well for me.
Sadly, we don’t have TNC fertiliser here, I’m using Azoo fert and I still can’t find a correct strength. I guess I’ll be using planted tank water for the time being then.

Hi all,
I guess I’ll be using planted tank water for the time being then.
Should be fine.
I have been going from “Filter tech obsessor” to “low tech with only an air driven sponge filter” as I realised how much snake oils are in this hobby. It does save quite a lot of money.
That is it. The difficulty is always sorting out the <"wheat from the chaff">, or the <"froth from the coffee">. Personally if I want to know about lighting I'm going to ask @oreo57 or about ponds @foxfish etc.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back