• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fertilizer choice and use

george29

Hi,

When I started my low tech 55ltr cube tank off, no co2, I got some Seachem Flourish but having looked around the forum , and learnt a bit , seems there are many, many others/methods around.

The Aquascaper Complete Liquid Plant Food seems quiet popular, is this about as good as it gets while keeping things simple as a true one bottle solution ?

For a small tank like mine needing only 1ml a day, that might be hard to measure accurately if using the cheaper peri pumps, so wondered if it can be diluted with ro water say 10:1 as its would be a better amount to control.

thanks

Hi,

When I started my low tech 55ltr cube tank off, no co2, I got some Seachem Flourish but having looked around the forum , and learnt a bit , seems there are many, many others/methods around.

The Aquascaper Complete Liquid Plant Food seems quiet popular, is this about as good as it gets while keeping things simple as a true one bottle solution ?

For a small tank like mine needing only 1ml a day, that might be hard to measure accurately if using the cheaper peri pumps, so wondered if it can be diluted with ro water say 10:1 as its would be a better amount to control.

thanks

I don't see a problem diluting it if you use RO/DI water.
What is the accuracy of your pump/doser? Can you not calibrate it?

This thread might be worth a read through and the link to James' which is on the first post if you want to make your own all in one.
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads...water-supply-with-an-allinone-solution.52972/

Hi all,
eeding only 1ml a day, that might be hard to measure accurately if using the cheaper peri pumps, so wondered if it can be diluted with ro water say 10:1 as its would be a better amount to control.
I don't like working with small weights or volumes either, so I definitely would make up a 1:10 etc stock solution and dose that.

cheers Darrel

Hi,

If dosing neat and just 1ml then as James says on one of his videos, the solution can crust up in the cap, so expect the same would happen in the dosing tube outlet, so a dilution would seem the best way as always easier to dispense 10ml than 1 ml without a precision pump.

Though not mentioned, assume you all agree the Aquascaper Complete Liquid Plant Food is as good as it get for a ready made fertilizer ?

Easier to just use a measuring syringe than diluting.

Have got the hardware /electronics from my old marine tank so might as well make use of it :)

The Aquascaper Complete Liquid Plant Food comes with a 5ml syringe by e way so 1ml will be easy to measure out. I agree that the product will crust around the lid (just rinse it though to solve) but I have noticed also that dosing small volumes that some of the product seems to drop out of the solution and there is a dusty looking bit at the bottom of the bottle. That said this has never affected me negatively upon dosing...

Back