• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ferts, other nitrate salts

Other option is to add those ammonium salts to a cycled bucket with a powerful filter. Then in a few days, add that water to your tank.... I wonder whether this would add some form of organic-nitrates which are safe for fish.....

Yeah I think that's just Ebay's policy
Yes I think it is, though I just bought some from eBay while the going was good. Though eBay sales should be compliant. Message from a moderator spoke of name & address require and being 18yrs or older, which fits eBay rules but not over the counter sales. I also think that as a ingredient in a branded product it drops off the radar.

I don't tend to buy it from eBay and stick to known suppliers. There was a thread in here about people buying salts off there and they were a bit spurious. There was also people selling kno3 containers which said didn't contain any salt just container only to get round eBay policy but it was all a bit nudge nudge wink wink.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

Hope is so, did a a quick on line search found only suppliers willing to deal with limited companies not individuals. Many sites indicated pot nitrate for sale but search engines only hit on 'nitrate'. With a friends network there are opportunities for work arounds but relations are getting tighter on many useful reagents ie stuff that works. Could you please send me a link to a dealer that sells pot nitrate to individuals.

You could register a ltd company tomorrow if you wanted to..... no restrictions.

Anyway, I get my KNO3 from APF (Aquariumplantfood.co.uk)

Also would like to echo what AWB said - keep away from ebay.

I have one, but I want to keep it dormant for the present. For the most part, for dry salts, I go to a garden centre. For Iron & Iron with Trace Elements I have a supply from Solufeed, though the quantities are a bit industrial. Still the wife does love her garden. Thanks for flagging up Aquariumplantfood.co.uk. Looks an interesting site.

Back