• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Film photography

Steve Smith

Anyone interested in the old school? I've just acquired two film cameras which I'm yet to experiment with. The first is an Olympus Trip 35 which my mother found when digging in a cupboard recently. Reading up on it, it could be a decent all rounder point and shoot. I probably won't play about with it too much.

The second is a Lomo 135BC. It's a Russian camera from the 1970's and looks really interesting. I'm interested in the style of photos I could possibly get out of it. I'm looking forward to seeing what results I can get out of it :) More info here:

http://cameras.alfredklomp.com/135vs/

1.jpg

Anyone else using film?

The Trip is fun to play with. You can't be too accurate with it, which I suppose is one of the interesting things. I had 2 (sold one, kept one) and have refurb'd both from the common 'red flag' problem where the meter doesn't work properly and won't let you shoot. Good little cameras though if you have one in good condition. It's a shame it can't use higher than 400 speed film though, as that would really widen the possibilities.

I've never tried anything by Lomo, but that one looks interesting to play with :)

Back