• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter Brand Preference - Your opinion counted

Purigen needs to be recharged every so often. It does no harm to be in the filter except for the fact that it contributes to blocking the available flow throughput, so it may as well be doing something useful if you will leave it in.

Cheers,

jcgoobee said:
but I will just wait out a couple of days and see what happens.
good call. I'm all for sitting back and watching, cheaper and less effort that way 8)
Haven't had a bloom for a long time myself, but I recall it can take up to two weeks to clear, so do not stress if it is still there in a few days time.

jcgoobee said:
Have a good day, Matt.
Cheers, I will! I just finished work until Mon AM, so that helps ;)

ceg4048 said:
Purigen needs to be recharged every so often. It does no harm to be in the filter except for the fact that it contributes to blocking the available flow throughput, so it may as well be doing something useful if you will leave it in.

Cheers,

Thanks Clive. I'm not too concern about that the the Purigen will slow down the flowrate, as I now have to turn it half way so it won't create a whirpool in my tank... haha...

For such a huge filter, probably I will just clean it every two months, and I will check out the Purigen and see if it needs to be recharged.

Cycle complete - YAY!

The milky water condition was completely gone when I woke up this morning. I guess the bacteria bloom is over last night and my water is now crystal clean!!!! Better water flow rate filters do make a huge difference. I remember that it took nearly two weeks to have this result for my Eden 501 back then. Love my Eheim 2215! :)

Back