• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter Cleaning

myboyshay

Hi there,

I feel really stupid asking this question but here I go:

I have a Tetratec EX700 (it's the first external I've had), I'll be cleaning the filter every 4 weeks, do I dip/clean the media (Sera Siporax) in a bucket of tank water every time and do I empty the water in the canister and fill it with tank water every time.

Apologies for the "numb" questions.

Mark

Thanks everyone!

So I'll clean all the media in tank water.

Do you's empty the canister and refill with tank water?

Mark

myboyshay said:
Thanks everyone!

So I'll clean all the media in tank water.

Do you's empty the canister and refill with tank water?

Mark

Mark

Drain some water from the tank into a bucket and wash your media in the bucket, empty the canister (I rinse my canister out with tap water) and then refill it with the tank water. Let the canister fill it self, treat it like a initial primming - just like when you first installed the filter unit.

Regards
paul.

Mark

Drain some water from the tank into a bucket and wash your media in the bucket, empty the canister (I rinse my canister out with tap water) and then refill it with the tank water. Let the canister fill it self, treat it like a initial primming - just like when you first installed the filter unit.

Regards
paul.

Cheers Paul, appreciate the advice mate :thumbup:

Mark

Back