• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter for 90l

farmerhoggers

Seedling
Hi all looking for a new external filter for a 60x40x40 (90l) tank im going to be setting up.
Tank will be low tech with medium density planting.

Filter wise i want to stick with a named brand purely as they are easier to deal with if anything goes wrong.
Budget wise i only have around £100-£120 to play with as still have other bits to get ie lily pipes etc and i would prefer new.
Filter will not req media as i will be using media i already have (biohome).

I quite the look and simplicity of the eheim ecco 300.

What are peoples thoughts on the eheim or other possible alternatives?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

What about the Oase filtosmart 200 thermo. It has a larger filter volume than the eheim and integrates a heater as well - less kit in the tank.
Not overly keen on the media lay out/ water path on that filter tbh, would rather a more traditional basket layout

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hello,

I know that's a little overbudget, but in my 60x40x40 I have a Oase Biomasterthermo 350, and so far so good. Regarding simplicity, with the pre-filter solution, cleaning it on a weekly basis it's more than enough to keep the filter running for a few months.

Cheers

Back