• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter needs for trigon 350

It's rated at 1000lph but that's it's best when just cleaned
So you're getting roughly x3 turnover
That's on the low side
Plus they are hard aquariums to get good flow in due to there shape

Got any pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a Fluval 406 on mine for a while, did a decent job; in hindsight I'd go for something around 3000lph to satisfy the x10 rule, but as Dean points out, the flow distribution is difficult; though I've seen people use spraybars to try and mitigate this.

Lancs Rik only had the 190 so take that into account
I have two external totally 2000 LPH and not happy with it so I've currently emptied the tank and totally rethinking it or it's going on eBay
Nice tanks but so hard to scape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a trigon 350 with 8 discus, when I was deciding on filtration I went with a sump. I was considering 2 x JBL e1901 for it but the sump gave me more options. I'm running a jecod dcp6000 pump. I've not got a lot of experience with eheim filters but I'd say you'd need something a bit for powerful.

Sell the 2217's and put the money towards a second hand 2260 and fit some taps on it to reduce to desirable flow bearing in mind you're stocking Discus and they don't like too much flow...you'll be saving yourself so much hassel cleaning one 2260 instead of cleaning two seperate 2217's believe me, so if you haven't done so already I wouldn't bother starting up the new 2217 and just sell them both. Or you could sell the Trigon and go for a Vision or Rio instead.

LOL each to their own i guess, however i'm sure most people are rest assured having one filter operating per tank

Back