• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter Outflow Pipe

Worshiper

Okay so I just set my aquarium. I have never used external filters before so this is my first time.
My anxiety levels are through the roof as I keep wondering what would happen if one of the suction cups that hold the outflow pipe in place comes loose and the outlflow goes out of the aquarium. 😬

In sayin that I know as an aquarist I am playing with water and electricity in close proximity in a glass box held by glue. 🤓

I live on rent on a 2nd floor apartment with carpeted floors so it would be a disaster for me.

How do people reinforce or ensure that this doesnt happen? My aquarium with the outflow on the top left.
20210219_144759.jpg

Really sorry if this is not the right section to ask this question.

Hi

firstly really like the scape, especially how the back left corner reflection gives a sense of distance....

as for the question, surely the configuration of the pipe work means it hangs over the glass (can’t tell from the picture) so even if the suction goes it still hangs in place? I swapped out the standard OASE kit for glassware which bends over the glass.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
Hi

firstly really like the scape, especially how the back left corner reflection gives a sense of distance....

as for the question, surely the configuration of the pipe work means it hangs over the glass (can’t tell from the picture) so even if the suction goes it still hangs in place? I swapped out the standard OASE kit for glassware which bends over the glass.
Thanks Raws69. 🙂. That makes sense. I may also look to change from the stock oase inlet/outlets in the future.

Yes, agree, it's a lovely looking scape. The shape of the outflow pipe is such that even without suckers it will stay in place and not come out of the tank.

Of all the ones I’ve used the best suckers though seem to be Eheim ones. There are alternatives though.

Attachments

• BE07A9CD-FFC6-453B-B94F-5756B6A89895.jpeg
    BE07A9CD-FFC6-453B-B94F-5756B6A89895.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 104
Yes, agree, it's a lovely looking scape. The shape of the outflow pipe is such that even without suckers it will stay in place and not come out of the tank.
Phew. I think i just needed some reassurance on it🙂.
Re the scape: i took a lot of help from experts on this forum when scaping as I am not the most artistic person. Happy with the way it turned out in the end.

Back