• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter recommendation for 400l tank

mlgt

Ive just purchased a Rena Aqualife 350. Its 350l and is the older model which has 2 x T8 lights.
I plan to install the current 2 x 39W T5's that I have in my current Juwel rio 180 and basically bring all the equipment over to the new tank.

The good thing is that the rena doesnt have an internal filter like the Rio. I currently have a JBL e1500 which is a great filter and doing its job.

I was thinking of just using the jbl and extending the spray bar, but probably makes sense getting in another filter to maximise a healthy tank, and of course should it ever happen if one filter breaks down.

I am interested in another jbl, but prices have nearly doubled to what they were a few years ago, has any got any suggestions? Has anyone used the MA filters they promote?

Cost wise I am not too fussed as I have a budget of around £100 +, but of course its always great to find some hidden gems.

So advise away :)

I will have a look at the fluval fx5. As another jbl will be around the same price so at least I am familiar with it.
I wonder whos comment was it to not get another jbl for the future :p

hehe...

Another question is, is there a way to link 2 jbl together to flow? eg, have different filter media in each one and they combine together and act as 1 main filter?

Or is it better to have 2 seperate filters running?

Always better to have two running, dual intakes and spray bars. You might have problems with piping not being enough for two filters to flow through.

Well if you keep the JBL clean it will be fine, I am just being lazy at the moment lol ;)

The FX5 are great, but massive and can be noisy! Would you want a noisy filter in the living room? I wouldn't!

Fair comment. I think I will invest in another jbl or give the MA filters a try.

Hi

With your tank being so big - I think you are best buy two filters and running them parallel, one filter is not going to give the water circulation or filtration required.

Regards
Paul.

Back