• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter Recommendation

Hi Doug;
I've just had my wrist slapped for talking about the G6 with you away from the forum.
by the moderators? - if so I can only assume it's because you only have 11 messages, unsure how many you need to access the for sales thread.
Sorry, that was my fault - just trying to help someone out and know a filter I have has gone to someone trying to resolve problems the sensible way; by asking on UKAPS.

No probs, rules are rules, just asking advice.

Anyway will have a look to see if I can fit TMV anywhere, if not I will more than likely change tap in kitchen so I can fit Python. Either way will be much better for me and it will be a lot easier on my back which is my main concern.

I'm off for the next week so room getting decorated and tank stand made and tank fitted.

Will still be a while before it gets wet as I try to get everything sorted.

Thanks for all the advice

Doug

No need the change the kitchen tap, George Farmer shows his system in one of his videos - I just couldn’t find it last night despite looking through several - I’ll give it another go today :D

If the python system idea is the way you're going but it won't fit, maybe this will fit over the mixer tap:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hozelock...60s49545NRUcNHQ2rQxooC3RePuSFB4UaAj5eEALw_wcB

I used something similar many years ago, but got it by chopping up my parents shower y piece adaptor for attaching to the bath taps. It had two useful little rubber universal connectors on, which I fitted onto 12/16 pipe from connector to bucket. It made water changes easier but I didn't make myself very popular.

Python connector 69a comes with the uk kit, I'm using 69hd and just leave it in place

No need the change the kitchen tap, George Farmer shows his system in one of his videos - I just couldn’t find it last night despite looking through several - I’ll give it another go today :D

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, I got a Hozelock connector that works with my tap.

Now I just need to sort my filter out, I'm having difficulties making a decision.

Doug

Back