• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter seals and Co2

Zachary1941

Seedling
Hi,
I am stating my pressurized system tomorrow and have been setting it up (Trying it out so to speak) Have put my diffuser under the inlet strainer of the tetratac 1200 filter...The tiny co2 bubbles are about 98% going into the filter hose..and should be of course coming out the spray bar. Great .. However, read somewhere on here that Co2 going into the filter via the inlet does in time destroy the filter rubber seals......Can anyone confirm if this is correct please...Regards Zac

Yes CO2 will attack rubber seals. Some people get away with it whilst others don't so you'll always get people saying 'I've done it for years without problem'. Keeping the seals well greased may help. I've been told that Eheim will invalidate your warranty if they see that you've pumped CO2 inside the filter. It's the CO2 gas coming into direct contact with rubber that causes the problems and not dissolved CO2.

James

Back