• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter size for Dennerle scapers 35l

ben_t

I’ve purchased a Dennerle scapers 35l and an Oase bio plus thermo 50. I’m wondering if this filter will be too big? The tank height is 28cm and the filter is 21cm tall. I‘m wondering if this leaves enough depth for aqua soil at the back?

Thanks for the quick response! I was actually just looking at the thread on your 35l! I hope I can produce something that looks as nice.
I‘ve seen people doing crazy high slopes at the back to give an impression of depth but it’s quite a shallow tank. Maybe I can angle the slope so it’s not too high by the filter but I‘m new to this so wasn’t sure if it would work well.

I’m admittedly not very knowledgeable about filtration, but I have an Aquael pat mini in my Dennerle scaper 35 (no CO2 injection) and this is doing the job - and just fits height wise (unlike my heater, which has had to go at a jaunty angle). I’m becoming a big fan of spongey filters.

I'm running an EF-150 all pond solutions external, just about does the job on my 33 litre, and since the inlet and outlet take up minimal space, works well for Aquascaping.

Cheap and cheerful, worth considering!

I'm running an EF-150 all pond solutions external, just about does the job on my 33 litre, and since the inlet and outlet take up minimal space, works well for Aquascaping.

Cheap and cheerful, worth considering!
Do you struggle with flow at all on this filter? We have one running on a 54litre and the flow just doesn't seem sufficient. Wondered if we are missing something? Thanks

Do you struggle with flow at all on this filter? We have one running on a 54litre and the flow just doesn't seem sufficient. Wondered if we are missing something? Thanks
I think the flow isn't the strongest, it just about does my 33 litre, I think as the plant mass increases I may have to upgrade.

For a 54 litre have you considered the EF-250? I think it's 800lph.

I think the flow isn't the strongest, it just about does my 33 litre, I think as the plant mass increases I may have to upgrade.

For a 54 litre have you considered the EF-250?
I've got the oase thermo100 on my 45 litre and that's great, we might have to upgrade the aps one soon, as I agree, the flow isn't great. Thanks for the reply 👍

Back