• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filteration for Altum tank

rubbersandal

Got myself a 3x2x2ft tank thinkin of setting up mainly for altums.
It will be a biotope tank consist of 5 altums 7 cory 30 rummy.

For this setup, I will be using eheim cannister.
Is eheim 2260 suitable?

Hi there do you already have this filter ? I am wondering why this particular one is the one you are asking about.

Hi ok have been scouting around, it seems like most altum/scalare keepers would prefer flowrate around 2400l/h for 4ft tank. I take this as a gauge for keeping altums. With that flowrate it able to maintain a gd water perimeter. Was told that altums have no problem in this fast flowrate as well.

Reason of choosing eheim classic because of it simple design and more reliable than other brand with their modern technology at this flowrate I suppose.

rubbersandal said:
Hi ok have been scouting around, it seems like most altum/scalare keepers would prefer flowrate around 2400l/h for 4ft tank. I take this as a gauge for keeping altums. With that flowrate it able to maintain a gd water perimeter. Was told that altums have no problem in this fast flowrate as well.

Reason of choosing eheim classic because of it simple design and more reliable than other brand with their modern technology at this flowrate I suppose.

I see your line of thought :thumbup: However, I think you could get away with a smaller filter and chuck a korallia in there for the added flow. I am personally becoming inclined towards using two filters of good flow rather than one with "claimed" massive flow. One, this eliminates problems should one fail, and two you can use one of them to run CO2 if you like or an external heater, without losing as much flow as if you had one. Either way, I think your choice should be more than ample :)

Derek Tweedie said:
I just got myself an all ponds solutions 2000 efx with UV. A big filter but you can't beat the price tag. I have it running on my 3 ft tank.

Have you measured the actual flow ? I would be interested to know how these filters shape up.

I haven't yet. It was a tight squeeze getting the thing in the cabinet,think I may have to cut a hole in the base. I am also thinking of reducing the length of the spray bar and putting it along the width of the tank.

Back