• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fin Rot?

skinz180189

DSC_0246.jpg

Think these white bits have gotten larger on my plec's tail fin, and have also noticed a few little bits on other fins. Is this fin rot? And is there anything I can do until I can get to my LFS on Friday (stores are shut now, and I'm away through the week starting 6AM monday)

skinz180189 said:
SteveUK said:
Has this happened recently or been a while? Is it possible another tank mate has had a go at him?

They've been there since day one, but I thought they have grown in size. LeTigra has told me that his were like that as Juveniles though, so maybe it's just colouration.

I had four plecs two had white portions on their tails - I don't think it fin rot - could this be a difference between males and females before the males get there bristles. See attached picy for white portions.

Picture010.jpg

Paul.

I've got a veiltail bristlenose,had it a good few months now and it also has large white portions on it's fins,perfectly healthy though,think it's just a colouration issue (mine is female btw).

That's just perfectly normal colouration for the commercially available species of Ancistrus. The colouration can change over time as the fish ages and grows.

Hi *waves*
I answered you on another forum didn't I?
My little pleccies still have some white tips on tails and fins, a couple even have a white stripe where the tail meets the body. I've been told its just variations in markings and they've been there since day 1

(and I'm female, but won't take it personally that you think I'm a guy lol)

Back