• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Finally... UK aquascaping competiion.

Darrel should enter one of his tanks, I'm sure he'll have one with UK only plants that has been growing stable for years :D

I really don't know how you can do a UK based tank maybe this one?

Without-Foundation-FTS-1.jpg

will be good to see! I think george farmer did a UK-only scape? he posted full tank shots already unfortunately, would have been an easy placing for him :p

I would have thought Alastair would have brought this up.

UKAPS seems to be a bit of a ghost town for older members these days. Not sure why...
Hi Andy

Sorry for my lack of presence on Ukaps as of late, I've had a couple of health issues ( sorted now hopefully) which took precedence and bee getting bits ready in the background for the next big tank which starts a week on Saturday.

I have brought this up don't worry, hopefully get it sorted asap.
Hope your well mate

Sorry for my lack of presence on Ukaps as of late, I've had a couple of health issues ( sorted now hopefully) which took precedence

That's understandable mate and I hope you are on the mend! It just seems that a thriving community has gone very quiet over the last few months which is a real shame. I just hope it's one of the lulls that forums inevitably seem to go through. I think UKAPS is a superb forum and I would really hate to see it dwindle into non-existence - especially as the aquascaping scene in the UK (in my mind at least) seems to be picking up pace (as perhaps increasing FB groups and this competition would suggest ).

Maybe it's just me? Maybe everyone else has a life!

Bee getting bits ready in the background for the next big tank which starts a week on Saturday.

Looking forward to this one!

I have brought this up don't worry, hopefully get it sorted asap.

I hope it goes well! Nice to see you involved in it. How long has this been in planning? The reason I ask is that at the Shrimp tour that Chris did your name did come up and there was a little wink, wink, nudge, nudge between Chris and Patrick (I think that's who it was) so I suspect this is what they were alluding too?

Last edited:
great to see this come to fruition al, now just to decide if i have time to break down the 120 and grow a new one in before august.....:confused:

either way ill be in Telford for the prize giving pal.

edit.. maybe not my tank is 300ltr and no doubt all spots will be filled by august. Heyho, no comps this year for me :(

Last edited:
Hi all,
George Farmer's award winning Stickleback tank from 2009 is here <"Great British Biotope">.
Darrel should enter one of his tanks, I'm sure he'll have one with UK only plants that has been growing stable for years
I haven't.

I've got some that have been set up a long time, but theonly planting criteria is "any plant that survives in them" and the only category they could be entered for would be "benign neglect jungle".

cheers Darrel

Why would you need to know the company? They are one of the biggest wholesalers in the trade so we should not know them. To organise something like this takes a lot of work and lets admit the prizes are very good. First year will be trial and error but it should improve in the future. One thing for sure it will greatly improve the level of UK scaping which currently is extremey low :( . There are 3-4 people in the country only! If you look at hungary history of competition the standard skyrocketed over 3-4 years.
So no mater who and how tries to do it gets big thumbs up :thumbup:

Back