• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Finally... UK aquascaping competiion.

Be good to see yours entered mate. I think there are a few people from your way who are entering I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be leaving entering until last minute as im not sure what way the scape will go. I always complicate things and should have just simplified the scape. Alot going on for my first proper scape lol
Did you come over to n.i. in april? I never heard from you

Why would you need to know the company? They are one of the biggest wholesalers in the trade so we should not know them. To organise something like this takes a lot of work and lets admit the prizes are very good. First year will be trial and error but it should improve in the future. One thing for sure it will greatly improve the level of UK scaping which currently is extremey low :( . There are 3-4 people in the country only! If you look at hungary history of competition the standard skyrocketed over 3-4 years.
So no mater who and how tries to do it gets big thumbs up :thumbup:

So there will only be 3 or 4 entering then?? I don't agree with this sentiment. There are 3-4 in this country that do this particular type of competition scape maybe? I think people need to stop this UK catch up argument. The internet has made things much more global. This forum is not UK only it is a world forum. No one needs to catch up anymore, its not a national team event.

Entering, Have started the tank over the last few days. And very pleased with initial planting.
Using a new filtration technique I have been meaning to try out for a while now. So far results are very pleasing indeed.
Using the fish as the theme.

didn't realise there was a minimum tank size, I can only find a maximum of 300l on the website

Rules have been redone to allow pico scapes aswell now. mine is not a pico for the 1st time in a few years. So enjoying doing a larger tank.
Not to say i still dont have many pico tanks going. and a few wabi bowls.

So there will only be 3 or 4 entering then?? I don't agree with this sentiment. There are 3-4 in this country that do this particular type of competition scape maybe? I think people need to stop this UK catch up argument. The internet has made things much more global. This forum is not UK only it is a world forum. No one needs to catch up anymore, its not a national team event.
Agreeing or not agreeing does not change the situation unfortunatelly and this is sad truth. 3-4 active with skills to compete in IAPLC and get top 100. Might sound harsh but this is the reality.

Last edited:
Back