Finally.....

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by Lo77aine, 19 Feb 2008.

1. Lo77aine

Lo77aine Newly Registered

Well, it has only taken me about 12 hours to register on here thanks to a very nice man (Matt I think!). My burning question I had this morning has fizzled somewhat in this time but neverless I shall ask anyway! :oops:
    Firstly though, I have a 200l bow fronted aquarium which replaced a 60L biorb at christmas. The plant has a good selection of tetras and the latest additions are 4 denisonii barbs which are beautiful. The tank is heavily planted with a huge mixture of plants as we wanted to see what would survive and what would not!!! However, the tank will be re-done in April with a smaller selection when we move - so this is considered as a trial period! :D

Now, on to my question.... I was looking through the Tropica catalogue and was really inspired by the cubes and plants in vases which made me think that I would love to have some smaller displays of aquarium plants around the house. I wanted to know if there was a cheaper alternative to the Tropica Aquacube, which is way too expensive. I nearly won a supafish aquacube on Ebay (from PFK) but the item was withdrawn last night and I can't find any for sale anywhere. Also, is it necessary always to have a CO2 diffuser as I already have one but can't see how it would fit into a smaller vessel.
    Basically, I want to know if anyone has mini set ups of aquarium plants in smaller vessels and what the cheapest and most effective way is to go about it...

Crikey I sound nerdy BUT they are so pretty!!

Here is a photo of the melange which is the current aquarium....
    denisoniiinflight.jpg

2. TDI-line

TDI-line Member

3. ulster exile

ulster exile Member

Check out ebay - these guys do a number of similar design, but diff sized tanks (20l to 72l I think). Comes with overhead luminaire, hang on back filter and heater. Saw a 54l version go for £25 last week with £10 postage!

I'm not allowed them :arghh:

ETA: Oops, forgot the link! linky

4. milla

milla Member

All my local pet shops sell these nano setups, they appear to be the in thing - the new goldfish bowl so to speak . But not the local LFS's for some reason.

5. Lo77aine

Lo77aine Newly Registered

Thank you :D Everyone seems fairly shy here!!!
    :D :D