• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire Ex help.

Nick16

hi guys, i phoned around some of my local Co2 refillers and the best price i could get for a 2Kg co2 FE was £16.75 !!!
so i gave up and bought a new one for £13 inc delivery. Now my question is, where do i dispose of the empty one, seeing as i cant refil it.

Take it to the local tip they should have a caged area for cylinders. Or take it to the scrappy and get a few pence back due to the scrap metal value.

Where did you get the £13 one? That's a bargain!

Also, £16.75 for a refill isn't great but its pretty good. My local fire place wanted £75!

Sam

Yeah, take it to the tip - I live in Barnet and they said the tip in North Finchley should be OK. I would imagine that most Local Authorities have similar facilities.

i bought a 2kg fire extinguisher from my local fire prevention company for £40 but they will refill it for £7 so didnt think twice about buying it also the fitted it with a turn wheel instead of the normal handle see photo below

P1010008.jpg

you can get free empty ones (or full out of date ones) from your local tip too.

but thats pointless if its costing me more to refil than buy new. There must be somewhere local that does 'em cheap.

Back