• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire extinguisher CO2

Hmmm, never thought of that, thanks Paulo.
Would just help to hide it away a bit more.
No worries, Dan Crawford had one painted white with UKAPS in large letters on it, looked great! Not sure if he still has a photo!

No worries, Dan Crawford had one painted white with UKAPS in large letters on it, looked great! Not sure if he still has a photo!
:) Those were the days! (Dan and one of his finest ever 'scapes).

ukapsdan.jpg

Quick question to people who are using selonoids. Do they getting very warm while operating? Mine is generating lots of heat. I am a bit scared that it could cause fire st my flat.
Please advise
Lukasz

Quick question to people who are using selonoids. Do they getting very warm while operating? Mine is generating lots of heat. I am a bit scared that it could cause fire st my flat.
Please advise
Yes they get warm to the touch, just checked mine, but not really hot. Check you are not driving a 110V solenoid from 240V ?

Apologies if this is a bit of a noddy question but I have just seen 2kg fire extinguishers on ebay without the horn, are these safe to use?

Hi there, I set up my first pressurised co2 kit today using the tutorial starting this thread.
Went really well. Can't believe how straightforward it was... Thanks everyone for the great info on here, been reading for a while but not posted before.

Follow up to the earlier postings about the nice UKAPS sleeves on the Fire Extinguishers.
Well, still looking for something a bit more professional, but so far I have come up with this...
IMG_0913.JPG

Not perfect I know, but I like the black colour actually - ties in with the rest of my CO2 gear. :)

Follow up to the earlier postings about the nice UKAPS sleeves on the Fire Extinguishers.
Well, still looking for something a bit more professional, but so far I have come up with this...
IMG_0913.JPG

Not perfect I know, but I like the black colour actually - ties in with the rest of my CO2 gear. :)
what did you use? certainly looks a lot better than the bright red extinguisher with safety details etc on!

what did you use? certainly looks a lot better than the bright red extinguisher with safety details etc on!

LOL - nothing too scientific Ady - I used a pair of the good lady's black tights :D
Get a "winter woollies" pair (ie. thick), snip one leg off to about twice the length of your FE bottle (so that you dont have to pull them tight). Very easy to slide on, and surprisingly effective!
Black twist-tag around the top holds it all together nicely.

Very easy to slide on
oooh errr, sounds like youve done it before!
does look good though, nice idea.....i have the luxury of being able to hide mine in the cabinet :)
....means i dont have to go buy some tights, or worse feel the wrath of the Mrs when she finds out her favourite pair are keeping my c02 cosy and pretty!

Hi, probably been asked a thousand times so I apologise I advance. I have a TMC reg from AE, are these compatible with a fire extinguisher?

Back