• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire extinguisher CO2

who/what are you using to refill your cylinders and how much, because I'm feeling mighty ripped off paying £25 for my 2 kg cylinder to be refilled!!!!!

Local fire extiguisher servicers. Cost me £2 for a 2kg refill last time (or around £20 for a reconditioned FE if I'd wanted one). If you're near Brum I can give you the details, but otherwise check our your local business directory for those who service/refill FE's or beer gas (my place does both).

All places have different charges. I guess you will have to keep hunting till you find the cheapest source. I used to get my 2kg filled for 10 quid. That's in south wales.

Would someone be able to post the dimensions of a 2kg bottle please? I'm considering using one myself but if I know the dimensions it will help me plan where I can put the bottle.
I'd probably buy two so I can fit the full one while the other one is being re-filled.

I think I'll stick my Aqua Medic regulator on the bottle down the playing field, just incase it tries to leave the atmosphere :wideyed:

My 2kg FE is 23 1/2 inches tall.

You would need to make allowance depending on the regulator you use as well, mine adds an extra 1 inch to the height, so just over 2 ft height for my 2Kg setup. Actually my 5kg FE cylinder is only 1 inch taller than my 2kg setup, wider cylinder obviously.

Great tutorial :) Thanks for sharing it, I am actually thinking about purchasing this kit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Complete-Syst ... dZViewItem

And then look for a 2kg FE, and keep the 500g as backup between changes, since it comes with a solenoid valve seems like a good buy.

One question I have is, when you buy one already full can you use that CO2 for your plants? I assume so just want to make sure. thanks

yeah that's the set that I've got too. I'm holding onto the regulator for now but I'm throwing my bottles, solenoid and the reactor on ebay as I've got another solenoid spare. Now I'm using my 2kg bottle as spare and run my tanks on 10l bottle!

I'm very tempted with that myself - and it's my birthday in a few weeks!

It looks like it comes with a euro plug. Is there any issue with fitting a 3 pin plug to it i.e. wrong voltage?

How high is the whole thing assembled? Wondering it it will fit in my cabinet.

Any bad comments? They make a big thing of the solenoid - is it better than the norm?

beeky said:
It looks like it comes with a euro plug. Is there any issue with fitting a 3 pin plug to it i.e. wrong voltage?
You can just cut it and replace with a 3pin but that might void warranty, so best to get an adapter.

This is a very good tutorial, spesh as it has photos with it.

Whilst I would like the benefits of the CO2 in my tank, the idea of having a pressurised cannister in my livingroom doesn't make me want to rush out and get it.

I'm too looking to get the 500g kit from ebay and then look to change to the FE setup once that's nearly empty.

Does the cannister have to be chained up even when it's in the stand?

Its more a case of don't let it fall over or be bashed about.

It won't explode the instant that it does fall over, don't worry about that (I store my disposables on their side which is how they are delivered by the Royal Mail Rugby Club)

I think the regulator can also get damaged/let through more than it should if its banged about too much.

It just a keep it steady thing. I have a velcro strap (armband) around mine in the cabinet which I pinched from my wife's mp3 player (she has big arms)

Andy

Superman said:
I'm too looking to get the 500g kit from ebay and then look to change to the FE setup once that's nearly empty.
I just purchased the ebay kit but with the 2kg bottle, £105 + del

Have you found someone who will refill the 2kg? If not it may be better to save the £20 and get a FE which at least oyu will know is full.

Andy

SuperColey1 said:
Have you found someone who will refill the 2kg? If not it may be better to save the £20 and get a FE which at least oyu will know is full.
Andy
I asked before ordering, the 2kg comes full, asked one of my local stores and they say is about a week to refil it, 2kg should last me a long time so when the time comes I will see about the refill.

Back