• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire Extinguisher Refills in Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire

racoll

Seedling
Apologies if this has been answered before, but does anyone know a good FE refill centre in Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire?

Thanks.

Thanks Dan, but I couldn't find anywhere in there.

Is it best to get this post moved into the "Where to buy" forum?

Ive not found one around Oxford, so if you do let me know! If you dont mind a large cylinder, then this is a good place

Dave Spencer said:
CO2 Supplier: Oxford Welding Supplies.

Location: Freeland Gardens, Wroslyn Road, freeland, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX29 8AQ. Tel: 0199 3882832.

Service: £59 for an 83cm pub cylinder and £30 to refill it.

If you get an old cylinder off ebay then its just the cost of a refill ;)

Sam

Thanks Sam. :D

I already have two FEs, one empty and one running.

£30 sounds a bit steep for a refill, seeing as the FE cost less than that!

I wonder, are there any companies where you can just post them empty cylinder and they return it full?, although perhaps that would work out expensive too...

Re: Dave Spencer reply. Cylinder service/refill.
I had a pub cylinder that I wanted refilled. I went to a small fire extinguisher business and I was told the cylinder was out of test date. The guy changed the cylinder (in one in date) and refilled it for £20

You need to shop around

Good luck

Morning all,
Sorry to "hijack " thread but I too am struggling to get co2 extinguishers refilled in Bedfordshire, if anyone knows of a place please let me know.

My main question is does anyone have any experiance of keeping a large pub stlye cylinder/aquarium regulator outside then piping the co2 into the aquarium inside ? The reason I ask is that my aquarium is positioned against an external wall in the living room and it would be quite easy to drill a small hole through for a length of co2 hose and them "store" the co2 cylinder outside. I could make a wooden "enclosure" for the cylinder to help protect it if necessary but wondered whether the regulator would be ok in winter i.e. would it freeze up?

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts/experiances from your vastly superior combined knowledge.

Many thanks in advance,
Russ

Themuleous said:
My only thought would be the change in temperatures that occurs outside. As the temp changes so the pressure in the cylinder will change (or so I would think) and that could affect the bubble rate = potential for gassing the fish.

Sam

youre correct in assuming tank pressure will change based on ambient temperatue.. but this wont effect co2 delivery as the regulator reduces pressure to the operating pressure regardless of what the tank pressure is. Hence then name regulator :)

Back