• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire extinguisher setup, is this lot ok?

Tigermoth

My first post here, so first off hi to everyone. Noticed a few familiar faces from fishforums.net. :)

Just got hold of a fire extinguisher today. Now need rest of gear. Done a bit of searching around and just wanted to see if there's anything I've either got wrong or missed out. Trying to keep costs down , but not end up with poor quality stuff. This is what I'm thinking of ordering next.

Regulator
weldreg.jpg

Needle valve
needle.jpg

Check valve

Bubble counter

Maybe a solenoid too, but not sure which are reliable. Will also look into a drop checker as well.

TIA

Should be ok if you put it inline but I can't guarantee it'll fit a reg, you'll have to ask.

Would just getting one of these be best?

You may be able to win a cheap solenoid off them too here. They are quiet and cool when operating.

You're probably right. Saves the messing about and would be cheaper than getting the welduk reg with an aquaessentials needle valve.

Cheers

What about the aquaticmagic reg, solinoid, needle valve and bubble counter all in one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Regulator-Ele ... 240%3A1318

I got one a few months ago and was cheaper then (Sterling exchange rates problem). I'm very happy with mine although removed the supplied bubble counter and replaced it with an in line one on the side of the tank. That way I can see what the injection rate is without having to open the cabinet (and getting a torch out) every time.

Remember bubbles produced from different bubble counters can differ in size so a drop checker is an essential addition to these set ups. One cannot say 2 bps is right.

So is it easy to remove the bubble counter from those aquaticmagic regs and attach a pipe straight to the needle valve? Not sure I'm that bothered about a bubble counter, particularly if they leak.

Another thing I was wondering is if the aquarianerversand regs and solenoid are simple to connect together?

Hey mate.
I went down the welding regulator with everything else in-line, and to be honest it was a lot of trouble and hassle.
If I were to set up again I'd definitely go for one of those 'all in one' type regulator setups, even if it does work out a bit more expensive.

gratts said:
Hey mate.
I went down the welding regulator with everything else in-line, and to be honest it was a lot of trouble and hassle.
If I were to set up again I'd definitely go for one of those 'all in one' type regulator setups, even if it does work out a bit more expensive.
Noted :)

Tigermoth said:
So is it easy to remove the bubble counter from those aquaticmagic regs and attach a pipe straight to the needle valve? Not sure I'm that bothered about a bubble counter, particularly if they leak.

Yep, simple to remove and attach airline direct to needle valve. I would recommend a B/C (in-line) or you could just watch the diffuser doing it's job. A drop checker could take over an hour to show a realistic reading on what that diffuser is actually doing and that could be very harmful to the livestock in the mean time.
CE-BC04-04.jpg

The B/C mounted on the side of the tank is an ideal indication of what is going in, I would not like to just pump in CO2 with no indicator of quantities, although a B/C only gives a rough guide.

Cheers Simon

This one seems very cheap for a full setup. Be good to know if anyone has tried these regs and if they're any good.

Have bought a few bits from aquahk8 before, without issues.
hk811.jpg

How cheap are these getting? I'm going to be tempted to go pressurized again soon! :lol: :twisted:

For those of you who are enjoying the confusion as much as me ;), there also an R1version from aquahk8.

hk82.jpg

And just for good measure. Clicky

There's quite a few threads with links to ebay regs, but when the sellers update the links, the original links posted on here become invalid. Thought I'd edit above posts with photos, then if anyone makes comments on individual regs in the future, we'll know which one they're referring to. 8)

hk83.jpg

Good thinking, I've been there, done that and bought the t-shirt.

links and pics is a good idea

Looks like a good price. Anyone else use these and are they any good?

Got a wave reg and solnoid combo in late Jan, and have to say they're well made and all fitted together very easily. I've had no problems and would happily recomend it, especially as its so close in price to the ebay regs, with the backup of buying it from a uk website.

Dave

dsandson said:
Got a wave reg and solnoid combo in late Jan, and have to say they're well made and all fitted together very easily. I've had no problems and would happily recomend it, especially as its so close in price to the ebay regs, with the backup of buying it from a uk website.

Dave

That's good to know.

I haven't seen any of these regulators in the flesh as it were, but all the ebay regs look like the solenoid is attached and part of the main on/off tap, or whatever it's called.

With the wave reg it looks like the solenoid is inline and could easily be removed, then just screw the needle valve straight into the regulator.

Of course I could quite easily be talking complete nonsense.

Btw, Are the wave solenoids run direct from the mains or from a 12v adapter?

Back