• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire extinguisher two locking holes

Soilwork

Anyone know where I can by a 2kg co2 FE with the lock open and lock closed pin holes please? I don't really fancy using tape.

Any other useful methods for making sure the handle stays in the open position and can be easily removed for refilling etc.

Thanks

Some makes of FE have two holes, so handle can be locked down, some don't. Pot luck really.

The locking handle down is used in fixed applications for CO2 flooding. I worked on an electronic cabinet system that had 3 FE's with handles locked down for use as fire control (was on a ship). If system detected a fire it filled the cabinets with CO2.

In the end for my tank I just use a cable tie, even better a reusable cable tie, works fine.

You can use pretty much any tape, even low tack masking tape if it's wrapped around enough. Just don't use electrical tape it stretches over time and eventually the handle levers closed gradually cutting off the gas.

Thanks for your advice everyone. Sometimes my email notifications don't come through so it takes me a while to respond. Cable ties it is.

Very very late to this but I've always used cable ties with no issues whatsoever.

I love cable ties!

i use this. very useful
velcro2.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hook-Loop...hash=item3a632eadf5:m:mYyUvHKNDRLStsN9OyKGmTg

Cable tie does me fine. If you don't over tighten it, you can even slip it on an off. Had the same one on for 2 years.

here is a picture of an FE with a locking down hole for those of you wondering if they exist.
upload_2016-9-13_13-43-24.png

How much better (and safer) would it be if they were all like that?

I've not opened mine up yet so I could be in for a pleasant surprise.

Back