Fire!

Discussion in 'Off Topic / Chit-Chat' started by aaronnorth, 23 Aug 2008.

1. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

Just incase you dont look at my jounal

well i was doing my weekly maintenace and i decided to seperate all the P.Helferi plants, looking more natural now. I also halfed the riccia grids which also looks better. I took some of my sand out as it went anerobic, hopefully this will help. Everything is growing better than before. I did an 80% w/c incase of any NH3 spikes, i will also do a 50% w/c tommorow aswell as trimming the MM. My mum went to fetch a chinese and on the way back she saw smoke in the feild (nursing home field)next to us (you can probobaly guess whats coming) Anyway it looked like a bonfire (thought they might of been burning off some grass or something) so i ran upstairs and there were a fair bit of smoke coming from a tree, then all of a sudden flames started to appear :crazy: anyway i phoned the Fire brigade and they were out in 4 minutes. after 25mins they had been & gone, took them as long to wind the hose back up as it did to put the fire out lol. They had to jump over the fence and have a good 200-300metre walk. I got a few pics:

THEY ARRIVE:
    DSC00391.jpg

CLOSE UP:
    DSC00389.jpg

THE FIRE:
    DSC00388.jpg

THE FIELD:
    DSC00390.jpg

PACKING UP & CROWD GATHERING:
    DSC00392.jpg

Respect for the Notts fire Team :nod:

Thanks for looking!

2. jwrage

jwrage Member

I remember a few months ago me and my dad were sitting in the lounge -on the Xbox as usual so the curtains were drawn to stop light shining on the screen, when we started to smell smoke. We assumed the neighbours were having a barbecue (or the xbox had caught fire during our intensive playing session) so thought nothing of it, a few minutes later we thought perhaps they're having a big barbecue or a bonfire. A few minutes after that we look outside to see a wall of smoke and two fire engines on the railway bridge. Somebody had set the railway embankment on fire. :wideyed:

3. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

i think it might be the same people. The other week i saw some kids set a small 'camp' fire going, fire service had to come out. Last week someone broke into the gas storage box and left a burning candle :wideyed: and now this. All around gateford where i live, starting to get worried now :? its getting closer evry time :lol: