• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Firefox problem

Garuf

Afternoon, I've been using firefox for as long as I can remember, about a month ago it's started opening multiple tabs when using the mouse wheel click while browsing, I've tried the usual stuff, different mouse, updating firefox, running it in safe mode but nothings stopped the issue, I had thought my mouse drivers (hid compliant) were out of date but that doesn't seem to be the case, and I can't find them as an .EXE to replace the ones I have anyway so that's a bit of a blind alley.
If anyone has any bright ideas on fixing it they'd be greatly received, it's gone a bit beyond a novelty and is well into the realms of fury inducing.

is it a PS/2 or USB mouse?, firefox has problems with PS/2 connections, also some people have started having problems with their mouse if they disabled their status bar on firefox, Firefox is a developers nightmare if you ask me even worse than IE but people seem to love it. I'm sticking to Safari

Usb. I don't think it's that the status bar is off, because it's not. More head scratching this way cometh I feel.

I have also noticed that my Mouse pointer tends to go into spasma all over the screen. Thought i am changing back over to a wireless mouse this morning. I was using one of the Ergonimical Joystick Mouse for my Arthirits. Will see if this solves the problems I have been having.

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Use autoscrolling might work.

Back