• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First Attempt at a Pico

Bobtastic

Hi all
Thought I would share my attempt at creating a pico. It's a 2.7litre glass cube (I think).

Substrate - ASA Malaya and mixed scavenged sand
Plants - Eleocharis Parvula and Crypt Wendtii "Green"
Hardscape - Single scavenged rock.
Light - An old 11w desk lamp

Heres the pics :-

IMG_20110311_170047.jpg

IMG_20110312_230131.jpg

Also trying out the flood and drain method, just to see how it works out. Currently not adding any ferts or CO2.

Thoughts and comments very welcome!

I've had this running for a week now and I've added in a few more sprigs of Eleocharis Parvula and Crypt Wendtii "Green" from an old scape I've finally taken down.

All looks pretty ordinary, tho there hasn't been any major growth that I can see. Also some of the leaves on the crypts have gone a little brown around the edge and others have little brown dots on them... I haven't really been dosing any ferts tho I have added a couple drops of Nutrafin plant food and a couple of mls of fizzy water.

But I'm still working with the flood and drain method so will probably lay off the fert/Co2 until I've finished with that. Is it a good idea to spray a fert solution whilst in the dry phase?

Well... following a mis-communication with girlfriend yesterday she removed the cling film cover during the drain phase... Needless to say the crypts and I weren't happy. Flooded it again as soon as I found out, but lots of the larger leaves had already shrivelled up. Will have to see how it recovers...

Back