• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First Attempt (Rio 180)

Richard2510

Hi,

Just thought I'd upload a pic of my new tank. It's been running for a few weeks now. It's a first attempt at a planted tank in nearly 15 years.

Cheers

Richard

SDC10909.jpg

Thanks guys.

I've got a Rio 125 sitting up stairs that I'm gonna work on after Christmas. I think I'll go for something a little simpler. Don't know what yet, but I fancy rocks and HC Cuba or something. Don't really know yet.

Richard

Nice start Richard!
If you "fancy rocks and HC Cuba or something..." you might want to take a look at zig's Mountainscape V2 here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3193
I believe it finished 15th in last years ADA competition 8)

YzemaN said:
Nice start Richard!
If you "fancy rocks and HC Cuba or something..." you might want to take a look at zig's Mountainscape V2 here:
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3193
I believe it finished 15th in last years ADA competition 8)

WOW! :clap:

I don't for 1 minute think I have the skills to pull something like that off, but it's the kind of thing I have in mind. I can't wait to get started on it now.

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard

How much Co2 you getting in the tank...drop checker looks blue, and are you just running the Juwell internal filter or have you got some more? and lastly what lights have you got under your hood.

mfcphil said:
Hi Richard

How much Co2 you getting in the tank...drop checker looks blue, and are you just running the Juwell internal filter or have you got some more? and lastly what lights have you got under your hood.

Hi,

CO2 is currently just using a homemade mix with a Hagen CO2 diffuser. The drop checker is blue, but I have a second unit going in today or tomorrow which will hopefully help. I have the standard Juwel filter, but also a Fluval 2 for additional circulation (I'm not a wealthy man, so it's a case of making do with what I have/can afford :( ). The lighting at present is just the standard tubes which come with the tank (which is second hand), so I intend to upgrade/replace them in time.

Thanks for taking an interest.

Richard

Back