• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First attempt

Jake101

The idea of this first attempt is just to make, hopefully, plants to survive and grow. I had one bag of Tropica's Plant Growth substrate, and bought some sphagnum moss for the ball. First I made a mixture of Plant Growth, sphagnum and water, and then squeezed it to a ball (a bit smaller than a tennis ball). After that I covered the whole thing with sphagnum and tied it to a nice packet with fishing line.

7767b4ca-e966-447e-949b-0ddb0124e0b6.jpg

I covered the sides with java moss and topped it with HC, then added couple of stems of ludwigia "super red" and staurogyne. I had a suitable glass vase and some smooth gravel. I am now spraying it 3 times a day. The water has a bit ferts. The vase is also covered at the moment with plastic wrap, but I let the vase to "breath" few minutes before spraying it. The idea is to continue like this for few weeks and then slowly reduce the humidity step-by-step.

Any tips or hints of how to improve the success rate are definitely appreciated.

IMG_0049.jpg

Hi.
Is not clear for me : did you add water on the bottom? I mean, how much? Because the greenhouse effect need some amount of water.

Back