• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First attempt

Lee375

Seedling
Hello. This is my first attempt at what will be a high tech set up.
I still need to add some smaller pieces of stone to separate soil from sand in the front area and some chippings to scatter around in this area.
Does this combination of bogwood and Mountain Stone work or are they too similar in scale and amount? I prefer bogwood to the thinner root types on offer.
This was a rough, dry setup to see if I could achieve the triangle layout I'm after. I'm looking for an element of the hardscape to be emergent and am planning on a substantial amount of moss type plants for the crevices. The addition of about 80mm of substrate should give me the height I need in the rear.
I'd appreciate your expertise and feedback. Thanks. Lee.

Attachments

• IMG_20200216_214823.jpg
    IMG_20200216_214823.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20200216_215012.jpg
    IMG_20200216_215012.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 178
I think it could benefit from one or two larger pieces of wood. A larger piece of wood and fewer small pieces will make for a more impactful scape imo. Lots of smaller pieces can be distracting and won't create the drama of a larger piece. You may even want some of the wood protruding, which adds an extra dimension. The rocks look great though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your comments. I agree about using a larger piece of wood. I might try to combine some of these pieces together so they look like a single unit as I'm struggling to find a big enough single piece. I would like a substantial section to be emergent possibly with a drip line to it to keep it wet for planting.

Back