• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First ever planted tank after 30 years!

Anubias

Hi all,
I think I’m in the right place now!:)
Hard scaping done, just waiting for plants from Aquarium Gardens, will be delivered today so I’ll be planting tonight, yeehaa!

79A1EA22-0D79-4ED0-92D8-6A855F19959F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s crazy but after all these years Nick72 I am very excited about planting as I’ve only ever pushed plants into gravel and slowly watched as they slowly decomposed In front of my eyes!😂
30 years on, things have changed a bit including me!

I am very excited about planting as I’ve only ever pushed plants into gravel and slowly watched as they slowly decomposed In front of my eyes!
30 years on, things have changed a bit including me!

You just described my childhood 30 years ago!

Loving what you did with the hard scape, subscribed.

Hi guys!
Update on my tank, it’s more of a technical issue but I can’t stop my Biomaster 600 from humming!
It’s driving me mad, surely this can’t be right:(
I have taken it apart twice, primed it before turning on, fitted the little rubber feet on the bottom to stop vibration but it’s still humming to a man annoying level. As it’s in our lounge it’s very annoying.
Anyone had this problem?

Hi guys,
Two weeks in now, pretty pleased with progress, plants are thriving although I have replaced a couple of cryps that died back.
I have 8 Bentosi Tetras and 12 cardinals added yesterday, they seem happy enough.
I have 3 Ottos and 8 Amano shrimp for a clean up crew and they are doing a great job.
I change 50% of the water on a Weds with half RO water and half tap mixed with warm to keep the temp consistent.(we have very hard water here).

14C485DB-098E-4D4A-8406-9617110306E6.jpeg

Can you please suggest a centre piece fish for my aquarium, would love some help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice scape.

For show fish, were you thinking something bigger or just something that stands out? A bigger group of cardinals would look nice and harmonious with the bentosi but a pair of dwarf cichlids could work if the tank is big enough (can't see dimensions). A couple to consider are apistogramma borelli (many more species available but this one works in harder water), nannacara anomala (small and peaceful) or laetacara dorsigera.

Thank you guys for the suggestions.
6 weeks in and the tank is cycled nicely now.
Tank is 95 cm 200 ltrs.
Plants are showing signs of a deficiency.
I have been dosing TNC 15 ml daily as I do. Water change every week.
I’m thinking I need to add iron maybe?
It’s only on some leaves, my phosphate levels are ok as I have checked so it’s not that!
Any idea guys?

Attachments

• 609E1AD2-99A2-4A9F-8FA4-8E6F64699CA4.jpeg
    609E1AD2-99A2-4A9F-8FA4-8E6F64699CA4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 170
  • 99CB5AA9-05C9-464A-81F2-2B39AC1C6E14.jpeg
    99CB5AA9-05C9-464A-81F2-2B39AC1C6E14.jpeg
    922.3 KB · Views: 172
Back