• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First Paludarium

Silviu Man

Hi!

It is a long time since I am thinking to built a Paludarium. After many projects and drawings, I have decided to built one that should look like this (at least at the upper floor) :

MAs9oWh.jpg

Inspiration comes from this :

So, the plan looks like this :
- basic tank, 100/30/60 with independent filtration, CO2, ... everything like in a clasic tank.
- upper floor, 100/15/30 with independent water circulation, planted, divided in three section, disposed asymmetrically, with a relatively central waterfall area.

I have to find a solution for building the upper floor so the front line to be hidden by stones and plants. Also, need to have there a water circulation according with each plant needs.

Main problem I found to be the light. I will have a suspended lamp for the top of Paludarium, thsi si clear. But, for the basic tank ... Maybe a submersed lamp? Here I need (but not only this) some advice.

One more think. It will be a dry start. This means everything will be covered in a plastic tent, isolated, in which I intend to get a greenhouse effect.

Plants, fish, ... any advice very welcome! My intention is to use only aquarium plants growth emersed (Anubias, HC, Bucephalandra, Ludwigia, ...) and a Bonsai tree made by myself.

Again, any advice, comment ...
Thanks!

Sorry no advice but really looking forward to seeing what you do.

OMG I'm stunned by gow cool that palludarium that inspired you is. There is even a canary in the package!

I'm definitely following you on this project.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thank you and thank you!
It will take some time. This month I will visit some people that are doing great work with aquarium taylor made so I hope to have all in one piece
up to January. I will post the pics, step by step, of course.

Back