First post in over 7 years - Juwel Rio 125

Fred Dulley

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

Not posted in a long time.

I recently picked the hobby back up because my new role at work doesn't require me to work away anymore.

20200417_174720.JPG

It is just over a month old (planted).
Setting it up coincided with covid lockdown therefore there are only 10 Amano Shrimp in there. The one species of fish I know I definitely want is a pair of Blue Rams. Other than that I am not sure.

Here is something odd though. Anyone had this before? Looks like a Cadisfly larvae to me.

Screenshot_20200417-205012_Video Player.JPG

It jets around the tank nibbling on plant material.
I've also seen worms and maybe one mosquito larvae. I may have noticed them because this is the first aquarium I've had with absolutely no fish. Otherwise they may have been eaten.

I'm so glad to be able to continue this hobby. Looking forward to the journey.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Jayefc1

Hi and welcome back the hobby does that to you draws you back in time and time again beautiful tank you have too

Fred Dulley

Thanks all.

Details:

Tank - Juwel Rio 125
Lighting - MultiLux LED 80 cm – 2x11 W
Filter - AquaManta EFX 300
Heater - Jager
CO2 - D&D regulator, solenoid with 2kg Fire Extinguisher. Diffusing via Aquamedic inline reactor
Plants - Eleocharis Acicularis, Cryptocoryne Petchii, Ludwigia Repens Rubin, Hottonia palustris, Limnobium laevigatum, Limnophila sessiliflora, Echinodorus “Red Diamond”, Ludwigia palustris
Dosing - I found some dry salts powder that I used to have so I am dosing EI. I imagine when these run out I will move onto a liquid fert containing macro and micro nutrients

First day of planting looked like this
20200312_144848.JPG

Attachments

• 20200312_144848.jpg
    20200312_144848.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Harrison

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome back Fred, looking good so far :)

You may want to think about transferring your images to Flickr.
I migrated when photobucket started doing weird things and demanding money from me.
It took me a couple of hours but I'm glad I made the change.

Fred Dulley

Hi Tim,

Thanks.
I have to say photobucket did seem different to 7 years ago. The mobile website was poor and there was no android app. Ill check out flickr.

alto

That’s impressive growth :wideyed:

At some point Photobucket images will transform to empty boxes (well except for the photobucket logo ;)) - they just got serious about wanting money in exchange for photohosting ... now aquarium journals everywhere are haunted by the photos that were

Doozer999

Inspiring tank - I have the same.... and have a thread elsewhere on how hard I find all this!! Thank you for posting.