• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

first post

2pods

I was surprised to see no posts here already ?

Anyway, I have two small ponds (more of outside raised fishtanks really), both made from railway sleepers and liner.

The smaller one is 162 gallons and is on the patio.
Filtering is by a Titan 200 solids pump and a Bioforce 2200UV pressurised filter with UV.
This is completely raised and is only 2' deep, with Parrots' Feather, some Water Lettuce and a mini version of Alba (white) flowering water lilly.
The inhabitants are two Sarassa Comets and 7 small goldfish that we raised from eggs when tried to overwinter some plants from.....

The slightly bigger pond which is dug into the ground but also as a raised sleeper level.
This is 304 gallons, with canna, two water lillys, Marsh Marigold, Lesser Spearwort, Water Lettuce, Water Hyacynth, Brooklime, Club Grass, varigated reeds etc.
The filtering is also by Hozelock but a bit bigger (Titan 3000, and Bioforce 4500UV) to let me keep more fish than I should, which include about 5 Tench, 4 Shubs, 2 Comets, and I think we may have fry this year.

They sound fantastic mate, i am planning an above ground sleeper pond at the mo. Any pics in the gallery? would love to see.

BigDanne said:
They sound fantastic mate, i am planning an above ground sleeper pond at the mo. Any pics in the gallery? would love to see.

I'll try and get some this week

As requested, here are some old pics of the pondlets.

DSCF0035.jpg

From the back window

NettedPatioPonds02.jpg

from the path

NettedPatioPonds01.jpg

Bigger one

NettedPatioPonds03.jpg

Smaller one

NettedPatioPonds04.jpg

With added bucket

I like all the planting, especially the containers. Do you keep any fish in these?

Dave.

Thanks Dave

Not usually in the containers, but we have had fry turning up in them.
Probably from eggs on the plants that I've moved in from the ponds.

I've just thought of something.

See that very small buckety thing at the front ?
Thats what started me off on the whole pond/tank thing.
I bought it in Tesco's and it came with a small water lily, a Arrowhead, and a Canna lily.
All for £12 :)

Back