• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First set up - couple questions..

hello,

Just set up my first pressurised CO2 system, and there are a couple things which
I am confused about:

According to aqua essentials i should use a dose macro nutrients now that i have CO2. Assuming this is correct, should I start doing this immediately?

Also, I'm a little confused about bubble counters - It seems like the bubble rate required would
be dependant on various different factors.. should i start on something low (1 bubble per second?)
and slowly increase?

Thanks for any advice!

Yes you should dose immediately. Nutrients and CO2 are food, not medicine, so you need to change the way you think about them. If you bought a kitten or puppy home from the pet shop would you wait a few weeks before feeding them?

The bubble count is just a reference. Please go to the Tutorial section of the forum and read the CO2 articles there, especially the article detailing the use of a dropchecker to measure the CO2. If there are no fish in the tank then you do not need to start slowly. Starting slowly is emphasized only because we assume you have fish in the tank. CO2 is highly toxic, so you need to start slowly if the tank is populated.

Cheers,

Back