• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

first tank above 100l (70x40x40)

Piece-of-fish said:
Looking much better than at the start :thumbup: Nice growth
You've made the right decision giving up on sand. How are your algae? any problems?
I would have planted hairgrass a bit closer to the front glass though for more balanced look.
Can send you some more glosso for free to get a nice carpet faster just pm me your address.

Hi. Today I'm going to cut all microsorum leaves with algae and generally prune all plants. To be honest I'm not very happy with growth, should be better in my opinion. Fingers crossed I'll manage to get rid of the algae (better fertilization and water circulation). Thanks for the offer with glosso I'll send you my address. My idea about haigrass is simple, both sides of the tank will be haigrass and on the center I'm planning glosso (let's say a triangle or rombus with longer side on front glass, if you know what I mean :D ), will see.
Cheers mate.

The reason i have asked about algae is that ex600 is a bit to weak for your tank especially for such a dense one.
You might also find glosso growing upwards if there is not enough flow.
Koralia1 or nano would be a good option to add extra flow.

Piece-of-fish said:
The reason i have asked about algae is that ex600 is a bit to weak for your tank especially for such a dense one.
You might also find glosso growing upwards if there is not enough flow.
Koralia1 or nano would be a good option to add extra flow.

I've added Fluval 204, almost without anything inside and flow is ok now I think.

whitey said:
Hi. The tank I've ordered from mainhead aquatics, but don't remember who exactly is making custom aquariums for them. If you like I can figure out and let you know.

I recognise that tank! It was a seashell custom aquarium, optiwhite front pane only and the rest float glass if I remember rightly!

The tank has grown out really well pity you had to do away with the sand at the front it looked really good to start with... At least until I guess the corys messed it up! Are you thinking about getting anything to cover the forground substrate or just leaving it bare? A nice foreground HC or Glosso carpet would really compliment that tank!

Hi. Thanks for comment. At the moment glosso growing on he front, and another week or two I'll show the effect. I've put some small pieces of HC as well just only to see how they will grow.
Cheers

All for sale!
http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10787
Tank 40x40x70
Cabinet (including mains extension and light inside)
DIY hood 3 x T5 24W (Arcadia leads)
Tetra EX600
Fluval 204
DIY CO2 mixer/buble counter/heater made from inline water filter (the best piece of eqipement I've done so far)
DIY peristaltic pump for fertiliser dosing + salts, ascorbic acid, potassium sorbate (everything you'll need for PMDD)
Inside tank: akadama, redmore roots, plenty of plants, fish and cherry shrimps.
standard small bits and pieces: thermometer, fish net, tweezers, etc...

Hi all.
That was tough but we both agreed with the landlord tank can stay but if will be any damage I'll need to repair obviously.
Plenty of thoughts in my mind at the moment, not necessarily about fish/plant keeping, rather about "classless" society :?
Anyway soon some new pictures...

whitey said:
Hi all.
That was tough but we both agreed with the landlord tank can stay but if will be any damage I'll need to repair obviously.
Plenty of thoughts in my mind at the moment, not necessarily about fish/plant keeping, rather about "classless" society :?
Anyway soon some new pictures...

YEEEEEEEHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Welcome back. Need any thing mate to get ya back on the road?

Cheers! Thanks for offer, I'm fine. I'm fighting with staghorn at the moment, but plants growing like a hell! I've kept everything in good condition just in case someone want get everything, so more/less I'm on track.
From the other hand thinking of a house, but I don't want to be a bank slave... will see.
Cheers mate!

whitey said:
Cheers! Thanks for offer, I'm fine. I'm fighting with staghorn at the moment, but plants growing like a hell! I've kept everything in good condition just in case someone want get everything, so more/less I'm on track.
From the other hand thinking of a house, but I don't want to be a bank slave... will see.
Cheers mate!

Ok mate, keep us all updated. :thumbup:

Ok that is current state:
DSC_8358.jpg

It's not visible but I'm struggling with staghorn at the moment trying to kill it by easycarbo :D

Hi! another update and photo.
I'm adding EasyCarbo at the moment twice a week 10ml just in case, so far everything is fine. I needed to replant all glosso from the middle part of the "lawn", but is doing fine and next week everything should be back to normal.
Slight adjust PMDD added more P and more K, will see..
4640105920_f0dc90bd27_o.jpg

whitey, this is great!

when the glosso has carpeted and the grass is kept to just the sides, you'll have a stunning looking scape.

Thanks guys! Yeah that will be nice, for some reason grass on the left is not growing as fast as on the right. Don't know why... same substrate, flow is even better on the right I think. Anyway I'm glad as you've said that landlord gave up and algae as well :LOL:
Cheers

Things probably might have changed from the start. could we be treated with current tank data: lighting dosing flow etc... ;)
Really nice, how do you find akadama by the way? Just got myself 7 bags more with a nice little bonsai not long ago :rolleyes:

7 bags?! WOW that's quite a bit, do you planning something big?
I think akadama is great stuff, specially with some fertilizer and peat moss underneath (same scenario like on theplantedtank webpage). The only bad point with akadama is planting. That's pain in the a**. Otherwise thumbs up!

Back