• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First tank help :)

Walsh

Seedling
Hi guys , been lurking on here for a week now and the amount of information is great so thank you. I'm looking at trying an aquarium to go in a space 100cmw x 36d x 28h. The closest I could find was an ADA one at 90x30x 20 but it seemed quite expensive and I'm also struggling to find a light with the same width that I could stick onto of it. Am I being unrealistic hoping to get a setup like this for less than £400? The tank is like £200 alone. If you had this budget what would be the best possible setup any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello :)

If you want an average high tech setup you will probably need 3x more £ than you are planning to spend.

Just for price guide lines co2 FE kits starts from ~100-120£.
2kg FE 35£..?
Proper lights another 150-200£ and much more if you decide to go top quality brands.
Filter plus piping for 100 cm tank another 250-350£ and more if you go for good quality and good flow filters with internal heaters/other things.
I didnt even talking about tank and cabinet price and other gadgets needed..
Hardscape, plants, fish, aquasoil cost a lot aswell...

My advice would be if you got a budget of 400£ go for smaller tank like 60P or so. For 100 cm tank you will need way more £.

I guess what i am asking is what is the best setup i can get for around £400.

I guess what i am asking is what is the best setup i can get for around £400.

Second hand is the way to go. But I agree your budget is going to restrict you a lot (if you want a ADA style tank). Try to buy a complete set second hand and see what you can get with that budget.

If you just go for float glass you can buy sets very cheap. The optic white tanks with fancy cabinets, lily pipes is what gets expensive.

Cheap lighting = desk lamp or chihiros

Last edited:
Back