• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First tank in over 10 years!

Another water change completed added some frosted backing, last time I do that after setting the tank up! Added some polysperma, hra and Pearl weed from @Horizon Aquatics great service great plants, will hopefully have some fast growing plants established again soon

Attachments

• 20221020_190446.jpg
    20221020_190446.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Digging up this old thread!

Bit if a rescape after the tank took a bit of a back seat for a while. excuse the slightly hazy water! Was running without co2 for a while so some plants have suffered a bit. Also changed my light to an ADA Aquasky 601. More rock added and a bit of a wood move around looks much better. Banked up some more substrate. Co2 is on order hopefully get some nice new growth going and trim off the old growth. Java fern needs to grow in alot! Will add some stems carpet plants etc and see how we go. Can anyone point me in the right direction for some wood to add detail draping over the stones that will match what I have? Unsure what type of wood this is was purchased from my lfs many moons ago.

All the best.
20230722_155317.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice, I'm sure it'll look even better grown in, as it did before.
Hopefully! think the hardscape looks better was a bit boxy before. I am making a list of plant to try at the minute. thinking of giving Hra and some polysperma a go to fill the back out and hopefully shape it to follow the line of the branches some what. unsure on what to plant rear right would like it to taper down from the stems. was thinking L brasiliensis then some monte carlo in the foreground.

Back