• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

first tank...

chump54

tank.jpg

Hi... been lurking a while, thanks all for knowledge shared.

Here's my first tank, would love some comments.

so spec
rio 125 (54 watts T5 + reflectors)
internal filter + power head
100w internal heater
diy co2
tpn+ (4ml daily)
easy carbo (4ml every other day)
photo period 8.5 hrs
been running for 3 months

PLANTS
Vesicularia dubyana
Bacopa australis
Anubias barteri var. nana
Vallisneria spiralis ''Tiger''
Echinodorus 'Aquartica'
Alternanthera reineckii `Pink` (roseafolia)
Cryptocoryne beckettii ``petchii
Cryptocoryne x willisii
Tropica Hemianthus callitrichoides ''Cuba''
Tropica Microsorum pteropus ''Narrow''
Tropica Rotala sp. ''Green''

Fauna
cherry shrimp (numerous!)
9 Black Neon Tetras
4 Otos
and pest snail!!! :twisted:

some issues with algae at the mo but nothing serious, could be sorted by spending more money on some pressurised co2 and external filter to increase the flow. :rolleyes:

oh and the colours are a bit off on the pic (the vallis in particular)... need to work on that.

Cheers

Chris

First tank after 3 months looks great :) you are off to a flying start.
You just need a couple of large pieces of rock in there to get some hardscape to stand out.
Carefull with the glosso, you need to keep it trimmed and low, otherwise in a couple of months time it will start rotting at the roots and you will have to replant it all again, I found that out the hard way!!!
Congrats and keep us posted :)

Nice one mate, looks really smart. LD might be right about the hardscape, some nice rocks would add the finishing touch to an already stunning tank.

thanks everyone.

LD - The HC (went for HC as I felt like I didn't have enough light for Glosso) has just had a trim... think i might take a bit more off.

and funny you should all say about the hardscape, I've spent the last 2 months 'hiding' the wood I have as I don't like it now. got the anubias and Microsorum growing nicely on it so a bit reluctant to pull it out...

from another angle
DSC_0009.jpg

Chris

Back