• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I think 27 is ok, research the best temp for your special for 50/50 sex ratio, for mine it was 26. Do water changes, but just take from the top don't worry about mulm so you don't disturb them for the first week or two.

Yh I read 26/27 Is a good temperature to have them on and will be doing daily 20% water changes to keep everything running smoothly 🙃 mum is busy attending to the eggs she’s not come out at all from the almond leaves 🍁 so shall give her some food tomorrow before the water changes ..

I have been looking into a breeding tray to pop the eggs into
Mum will take much better care of the eggs/wigglers/fry than any artificial method

(and yes, leave her with the kids until she begins to show signs of chasing them off - usually only once they are good sized juveniles)

Young fish will often “accidentally” eat their kids at some point, so it may take several tries for the parents to get it right (they will also often consume the spawn if stressed)

Fish that have been parent raised themselves, tend to require rather fewer spawning attempts to get it right

My female hid in her seedpod almost the whole time she had eggs, I actually didn't realise she had them until she brought the babies out. She will be very busy looking after them, if you can give her a bit of live food like daphnia or blackworms I'm sure that will help, it won't affect the water quality as quickly, is more nutritious for her and she can eat it over the day. Looking after your motherfish will help her look after the babies :)

I have just popped in some food for her will be adding some bloodworm and daphnia later today so she has some food tonight 🙂 when I looked this morning it looks like she has got rid of the bad eggs and kept the good eggs she’s doing a good job so far for her first batch 🙂

Back