• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First time co2 user - regulator help

I maybe wrong but......It doesn't look like the correct reg to me. If you want one to fit a FE you will need a Din fitting like this one..

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/tmc-v2- ... -3702.html

You can get converters from one fitting to another but you need a reg for vapour withdrawl, not liquid.

Maybe someone who knows more than me can just confirm.

good job i didnt shell out on it then! i was going to buy the tmc originally buts its been out of stock at AE for a while, thanks for the help

Hi whinnie

The ebay one would be perfect ive just looked at it and its features and its spot on actually looks very nice regulator and value for money at that price

If you not ordered one yet that will do the job no problem

sussex_cichlids said:
Hi whinnie

The ebay one would be perfect ive just looked at it and its features and its spot on actually looks very nice regulator and value for money at that price

just confirm for me itll definately fit a FE? as the other poster seems to disagree although it looks to me like it will and it says its for aquarium use

Whinnie, I did say I may be wrong. I've had a bit more of a look and it does say that this fitting is designed for the UK market - so yes I would think sussex_cichlids is correct. If in doubt why not double check with the seller.

jellyfish6 said:
Whinnie, I did say I may be wrong. I've had a bit more of a look and it does say that this fitting is designed for the UK market - so yes I would think sussex_cichlids is correct. If in doubt why not double check with the seller.

I wasnt criticising sorry i appreciate any input. I ask here as i trust ukaps more than the seller :)

whinnie said:
sussex_cichlids said:
Hi whinnie

just confirm for me itll definately fit a FE? as the other poster seems to disagree although it looks to me like it will and it says its for aquarium use

Hi Whinnie
It will fit a FE it comes with a STD DIN 477 fitting, i have the same reg and for the money its pretty good. Took a while to arrive (3-4 weeks) comes with a spare o ring and is fitted with a 2 pin plug but the seller also included a 3 pin adaptor . I got mine from the same seller if memory serves me right.

Stu.

thatll do me, ordered it thanks, out of interest where do you purchase your fes?

Hi whinnie

whinnie said:
out of interest where do you purchase your fes?
Ebay.
Anything between £3 on a good day :D to £15 on a bad day :( . for a 2Kg.
I always try and find someone selling local so I can go and pick them up, as most of them charge about £10 for postage due to the weight.
There are some crazy prices for the new ones (>£100 for 2kg :wideyed: ), but I've always used second hand ones and disposed of them when they hit the 10 year mark as no one will refill them without a pressure test, which some firms charge £15 for anyway.
Looks like rebus beat me to it :crazy:

Back