• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First time for everything....

Team44

Seedling
588BAA1F-BF29-4888-B0B1-B722DFDCDA71.jpeg
98C02B2A-3FF9-4E8A-BCF6-3EBDE713F889.jpeg
Hi everybody, total newbie from North London. I’ve just put together a 30cm cube as my first planted tank and hope my pics have uploaded? It’s now 2 weeks old, I changed the very front plants today and have some algae and white fluff on the wood but doing big water changes as per Aquarium Gardens guidance. I’m still waiting on my replacement glass inflow after breaking my new one even before fitting it to the tank! Anyhow, just a hello from me and look forward to talking to some of you, happy new year to you all.

View attachment 130418 View attachment 130419 Hi everybody, total newbie from North London. I’ve just put together a 30cm cube as my first planted tank and hope my pics have uploaded? It’s now 2 weeks old, I changed the very front plants today and have some algae and white fluff on the wood but doing big water changes as per Aquarium Gardens guidance. I’m still waiting on my replacement glass inflow after breaking my new one even before fitting it to the tank! Anyhow, just a hello from me and look forward to talking to some of you, happy new year to you all.
Welcome :)

I also like what you've done with the slate as I have a load of old slate off my farmhouse roof and I so want to use this now - proper upcycling!

I also like what you've done with the slate as I have a load of old slate off my farmhouse roof and I so want to use this now - proper upcycling!

I admit I have a corner of my garden that’s covered in blue slate chips so a quick wash later and in the tank, I even went to my local garden supply yard for a large piece which the guy gave me for free as he said it wasn’t worth him walking to the till for what he called a small bit! I’m a big fan of slate, cheap, looks amazing and easy to clean

Back