First Time Glassware User

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by Superman, 17 Mar 2009.

1. Superman

Superman Member

Woo hoo

So I just got my order from TGM (super delivery guys) although they left it next door (don't mind) but when I went round to collect it, she said "ah, so your Superman". I said, "don't tell anyone". So last order from TGM came addressed as "Clark Kent", this time "Superman", I wonder what next?!

Anyway back to the point...

I've just got a nano glass ware set, so any tips on making sure you keep it from breaking and keeping it clean would be appreciated.

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

:lol: she must think your a nutter

3. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

proper dosing keeps mine clean. if im slack in dosing, i can always tell by looking at my out flow, when things are sweet, the glass stays spotless.

4. Superman

Superman Member

I remember when connecting co2 tube to my rhinox I used to heat up the tube so it was easier to connect. Should I do the same with the filter pipes?

5. Tony Swinney

Tony Swinney Member

Stuck mine in hot water for a minute before fitting. Then only push them on by about 10mm.

Tony

6. Simon D

Simon D Member

She probaly already knows he's a nutter living next door to him :lol:

7. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Yeh if needs be just heat the tubing in hot (just boiled) water to soften it up. I only really find I need to do this for CO2 tubing which can be a bit stiff, filter tubing tends to be soft enough to fit easily over the glassware without too much trouble.

Its getting the stuff off that's often the problem!

Sam

8. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

I'd just add to what everyone's saying by saying, make sure the glass is room temp/slightly warm too. If it's cold I believe it'll be more brittle. Won't make it flexy or anything stupid, but run less risk of shattering it. Someone might correct me on that ;)