• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First Time Glassware User

Superman

Woo hoo

So I just got my order from TGM (super delivery guys) although they left it next door (don't mind) but when I went round to collect it, she said "ah, so your Superman". I said, "don't tell anyone". So last order from TGM came addressed as "Clark Kent", this time "Superman", I wonder what next?!

Anyway back to the point...

I've just got a nano glass ware set, so any tips on making sure you keep it from breaking and keeping it clean would be appreciated.

Superman said:
so any tips on making sure you keep it from breaking and keeping it clean would be appreciated.

proper dosing keeps mine clean. if im slack in dosing, i can always tell by looking at my out flow, when things are sweet, the glass stays spotless.

saintly said:
Superman said:
, she said "ah, so your Superman". I said, "don't tell anyone". So last order from TGM came addressed as "Clark Kent",

:lol: she must think your a nutter

She probaly already knows he's a nutter living next door to him :lol:

Yeh if needs be just heat the tubing in hot (just boiled) water to soften it up. I only really find I need to do this for CO2 tubing which can be a bit stiff, filter tubing tends to be soft enough to fit easily over the glassware without too much trouble.

Its getting the stuff off that's often the problem!

Sam

I'd just add to what everyone's saying by saying, make sure the glass is room temp/slightly warm too. If it's cold I believe it'll be more brittle. Won't make it flexy or anything stupid, but run less risk of shattering it. Someone might correct me on that ;)

Back